Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Amish mentoured hunting rule >

Amish mentoured hunting rule

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Amish mentoured hunting rule

Old 05-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

>Total bull, they live off the backs of others. Come here, live under our security and pay no taxes, and the US goverment just lets em by.

The only bull is the stuff you are spreading. The Amish pay taxes. Certain sects established before 1950 are exempt from paying into Social Security but they don't collect it either so it's no skin off of your arse. Guess what there are other individuals in this country that don't pay into SSI either. Federal workers under CSRS don't pay into it. I know of local LEO's that don't pay into it. Some teachers,
students, resident aliens. Aboubt 4% of workers in the US don't pay into SSI. Not just the Amish.

It's good to see religous intorelance is alive and well in the 21th century.

WV Gino
Old 05-04-2011, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

>Come here, live under our security and pay no taxes, and the US goverment just lets em by.

I bet the local Amish people you complain about can trace their ancestory in the US farther back than you can.

WV Gino
Old 05-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Gino
>Yes, I've heard from a lot of hunters that the Amish will get a group together and put on drive after drive until they get all their tags filled and devastate and area of game.

There are plenty of hunters of all religous beliefs that get together and hunt until they fill all their tags. Why single out one perticular religion to cast stones at?

>You don't hunt around Amish areas out here. It's a "scorched earth" thing. A shame...

As a group of people that are much closer to the land compared to many other groups it's hard for me to believe their policy is "scorched earth" when it will only mean hardship for them in the future. They have been doing their thing for hundreds of years and would not exist today if they lived the way you accuse them of.

WV Gino
It's quite evident you don't have to hunt around them, or you wouldn't be making the statements you do. You just don't hunt areas the Amish do... no use..
Old 05-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WV Gino
>Come here, live under our security and pay no taxes, and the US goverment just lets em by.

I bet the local Amish people you complain about can trace their ancestory in the US farther back than you can.

WV Gino
Well, considering my family is the McCoy's of the "hatfields and mccoy's" I sincerely doubt it.(yes Mingo County, wv) Because the McCoy's have been here since the early 1700's as indentured servants, the first amish settlements didn't have until 1750. And most of them didn't come until well in the 1800's.

But feel free to continue to run your mouth about things you have no clue about.

Did you happen to see that the amish has some of the highest rates of childhood rape and sexual abuse of any people in America. Excellent story about on ABC one night.

Lastly, they claim to be people of God. But fail to recongize the key command that Jesus Christ gave. The one command that is in all 4 gospels. To go out and spread the word of God to the world baptising them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, teaching the to observe the things I have tought you.

Last edited by BCRules; 05-04-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would love to see someone post the proof that the Amish pay NO taxes as posted by a few.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
Would love to see someone post the proof that the Amish pay NO taxes as posted by a few.
I would love to see someone post the proof that the amish pay taxes as you have posted just like the rest. Do you really believe they fill out selective service cards at 18? Do you really believe they pay out SS, and medicare taxes? You have any proof? On what basis do you think they pay federal taxes? They rarely use banks, and recieve only cash from market sales of produce. You really believe they give out fair number for thier produce?

They are supposed too. They are supposed to pay property taxes, but they pay such a reduced rate in amish heavy counties like Lancaster County, pa, that it doesn't make sense. Reasonings is, they don't get subsidies like other farmers and don't produce as much per acre. Yea, right.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

You made the claim, so the burden of proof is on you.
So no you don't have any. Just say so - much easier.

It is known, as WV Dino pointed out, that some (not all) are exempt from SS - as are several other groups. But if exempt cannot make claims. Never seen anything that shows any are legally not paying other taxes. If true, I would like to see it so I could be upset as well.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
You made the claim, so the burden of proof is on you.
So no you don't have any. Just say so - much easier.

It is known, as WV Dino pointed out, that some (not all) are exempt from SS - as are several other groups. But if exempt cannot make claims. Never seen anything that shows any are legally not paying other taxes. If true, I would like to see it so I could be upset as well.
See, this is one thing that is so strange about you on forums. You always go about it, like its a court of law, and you will win something. Thats freakin strange.

You can love the bunch all you want. It doesn't put money in my pocket or yours. Hense you win nothing. Any group that refuses to defend this country in times of need should be shown the door. I would seriously doubt you would understand this.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

you do realize that this Country was founded on religious freedoms?
Old 05-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WCO R.W.J
you do realize that this Country was founded on religious freedoms?
Good thing we are not talking about religious freedoms, isn't it.

You do realize this is a hunting forum don't you? We are discussing the hunting techniques of amish folks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.