Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Disappointing experience >

Disappointing experience

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Disappointing experience

Old 07-05-2003, 02:09 PM
Spike

Default Disappointing experience

Just got back from vacation and had to vent/ ask opinions.
We went to Cooperstown NY and I had looked up archery shops on the internet before starting out on vacation. One of the shops that came up sounded
promising. They had hunting, archery, and did taxidermy. They were about
20 miles away so we ended up going on Tues. 7/1. We got there and the sign said closed Sun-Tues. so we left thinking oh well, we just had a little bad luck.
We decided to go back Thurs. cause the hours were 10-6 Thurs.-Sat.
When we showed up around 1:00, the owner or employee said we' re
closed. I thought he was kidding and I told him what happened Tues. and he said he was closed Tues. I said we realized that after we got there and had come back today( Thurs) to see/buy a few small things. All he would say was that he was closed and that was that. We left and will never go back to give him a third
chance. I don' t know if he saw the MA plates and just didn' t want to deal with us or what. I really hope there aren' t feelings like that toward out of staters.
I would have loved to go in but not now after that. Does anyone have any ideas
or opinions on what to do in that kind of situation?

Greg
Old 07-05-2003, 07:29 PM

Default RE: Disappointing experience

Thats one of the perks about owning your own business I guess, open or close whenever you want.

For an Archery shop, its probably a little slow right now with the seasons being a couple months away. Being the July 4th holiday, it wouldnt suprise me if a smaller local shop would shut down unexpectedly.

I dont think he/she looked at your MA Tags and discriminated against you in any way but it probably didnt help. Why open the doors for a few minutes to someone he/she will probably never see again??? Esp since you said it was just for a few small things. If you' s said you were going to spend a few hundred bucks on a whole new set up, you might have got a little more attention. Is that the right thing to do on his part morally?, no, but since when has business had anything to do with morals??
Old 07-14-2003, 06:29 AM

yes it was your mass plates, have proably thought you were a kennedy or related
to one, from hiannis port, paaark the caaar just funnin with ya
ya I have had the same experiance in the catskills with a gun shop that was closed
for lunch, I almost rang this guys neck,, [:@] but dident because I needed somthing he had, but would never go there again,
Old 07-14-2003, 10:55 AM

Well I' m from the area, Cooperstown is full of stuck up people, what was the name of the store and in which direction did you go to find it? Maybe they had plans or something, so they had to close, hard telling not knowing.

Reminds me of one time I was there with my wife and niece, we where crossing the street and I said " want to see something funny" they said " sure" so I yelled out, " HEY STUPID" everyone walking on both sides of the street turned around and looked
Old 07-18-2003, 08:15 PM
Spike

Model722, it was in Oneonta and we will never try to stop there again.
Like I said the first time it was just dumb luck. The second time WAS durring shop hours.

Greg