Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 A Very Disappointing Experience with Natural Gear >

A Very Disappointing Experience with Natural Gear

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

A Very Disappointing Experience with Natural Gear

Old 07-13-2004, 03:38 PM

Default A Very Disappointing Experience with Natural Gear

I had a very disappointing experience with Natural Gear this week and felt I needed to share it with my fellow hunters.

If you order directly from Natural Gear, make sure you’re positive it’s what you want or you’ll end up regretting the purchase.

I thought their product looked promising and wanted to see it in person. After looking over their website I placed an order. I purposely ordered two different sizes of the same glove to get the best fit. I checked out their return policy prior to ordering since I knew I’d be sending one pair back.

When I received the order, the product didn't meet my expectations so I chose to return the entire order. In the box however was a return policy that was different from their on-line policy. It stated that there would be a 15% restocking fee on all items returned whether used or not.

I called them for my RMA # and expressed to one of their managers that not listing the restocking fee on their website was deceptive. His response was “How is it deceptive?” and then told me “You can either pay the restocking fee or keep it; I don’t care.”

I guess I’ve gotten used to reputable companies like Cabelas and BassPro who go out of their way to make their customers happy.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A Very Disappointing Experience with Natural Gear

single shot welcome to the boards!

i have not bought from natural gear and now i doubt i will. cabelas and basspro have the best customer service. i talked to cabelas CS today on the phone for 20 minutes while the guy tried to see if there were any stores that carried quick release buckles so i could change the velcro they give you in the backpack. he was very nice about it and was glad to help.

if i were you i would go to the natural gear website and right a bad review of the CS to let everyone else know.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:51 AM

I would guess that natural gear isn't very smart! the best advertisement is free ..........right here on the net!
Heres an example i read about a product from a small company out of north carolina and went to there web site. i called them to get a price which was very reasonable. the lady asked how i had heard of them. i stated the site and she said ever since someone mentioned them on the site ( that was unknown before to them) calls have been flooding in. she said it's the best thing that has ever happened to the little company. orders are just rolling in.

Now someone needs to tell the management to can that guy you talked to before they all find themselves out of a job.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:34 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I like the looks of their products but I certainly don't wish to do bussiness with a company that won't take care of their customers. So what did you do? Return or not
Old 07-14-2004, 09:46 AM

Default Update to A Very Disappointing Experience with Natural Gear

I decided to return the order.

I got a call from them today and was told that the president of the company stepped in and told the individual I dealt with to make it right. He apologized for how he handled the situation and said that they will be posting the new return policy on their website and will refund all of my money.

That's all I wanted when I called them initially. If they follow through, then I will be satisfied. I don't have a problem if a company wants to charge a restocking fee as long as the consumer is aware if it up front.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:12 AM

Default RE: Update to A Very Disappointing Experience with Natural Gear

I'm glad to hear they've made it right.

So what was it about the products that you didn't like? You had mentioned quality, was it something specific? Just curious?
Old 07-14-2004, 01:33 PM

Let me begin by saying I was greatly impressed by the fact that the tags had “Made in the USA” printed on them.

My dissatisfaction was twofold. This was the first time that I saw their product in person. I was trying to find something that closely matched the wool I wear in late bow season. The camo pattern (natural) was much lighter with less contrasting shades than the examples I saw on-line. So chalk that up to a personal preference.

The primary product I was not happy with was the bib design. Instead of elastic in the waist area, they used buttons. I was unable to get them to fit comfortably. They were either too loose or too tight. Also the pant leg bottom was straight with a tie. There wasn’t an allowance for larger boots. I tend to wear my light weight bibs late into the bow season using layers when necessary. It would’ve been a pain to get them over my pack boots. So again, personal preferences.

A more accurate statement would be that the product did not meet my expectations. This is a chance you take when you order on-line sight unseen. I spend a lot of money each year on hunting equipment because once bow season starts, that’s all I’m doing during my free time. I will gladly spend what is necessary to get high quality equipment but won’t hesitate to return it if it does not meet my expectations. But above all, I was very disappointed with the rude attitude that customer service had and his total disregard for taking care of one of their customers. Add to that the fact that the return policy that arrived with the order contradicted their on-line policy.

Again, I’ve grown accustomed to the much more professional attitude that Cabelas, BassPro and others have toward their customers.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you're more comfortable dealing with Cabelas I think they are selling some NatGear stuff.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

Never cared for any of their stuff and with policies like that they deserve to be out of business. I say stocking charges are for companies that want to close their doors. Especially on a pair of gloves. You got to be kidding me.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

CABELA'S BABY CABELA'S NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM.....

Quick Reply: A Very Disappointing Experience with Natural Gear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.