Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pa game commission hunting license fee increase not needed >

Pa game commission hunting license fee increase not needed

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa game commission hunting license fee increase not needed

Old 03-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by moosemike
I'm not aware of this decrease of regeneration.

Then you haven't read the AWRs or the audit, which means you are uninformed regarding PAs DMP.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Can you explain why there are now so many tracts where the canopy still exists that are now full of lush vegetation where it formerly was devoid of plant life on the forest floor?

The AWR and the audit both document the decrease in regeneration. Please provide the report documenting the tracts with lush vegetation.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

If PA hunting is so bad and if the PGC is so political, why don't you move to a state that you like the game management of? I know I've seen deer standing in a field 100-200 strong many times in Nebraska, Wyoming, and Montana.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

If PA hunting is so bad and if the PGC is so political, why don't you move to a state that you like the game management of? I know I've seen deer standing in a field 100-200 strong many times in Nebraska, Wyoming, and Montana.
Because my life doesn't revolve around deer hunting. If it was just about killing deer ,I could kill all the deer I wanted every year just like Doug, if I wanted to make that a priority.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
The AWR and the audit both document the decrease in regeneration. Please provide the report documenting the tracts with lush vegetation.
Like the audit says, the sample size is too small so the regeneration that even Stevie Wonder can see isn't necessarily getting documented.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wrong again!! THe USFS used the same sampling technique in 2005 as they used in 2008, so it is a valid comparison even if the sample size is too small to accurately assess forest health across the entire WMU.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Banned

"If PA hunting is so bad and if the PGC is so political, why don't you move to a state that you like the game management of? I know I've seen deer standing in a field 100-200 strong many times in Nebraska, Wyoming, and Montana"
How many guys do you know that can shun all responsibility, family and friends and make such a move?
Old 03-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
How many guys do you know that can shun all responsibility, family and friends and make such a move?

Well you don't have to move out west. Virginia still has lots of deer. West VA. too.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well you don't have to move out west. Virginia still has lots of deer. West VA. too.

I agree with you Mike that both of those states have plenty of deer but good old PA beats both of them in deer harvested per square mile and deer harvested per unit of hunter effort according to the recent WMI audit of PA's deer management program.

Pa is a lot better than some here claim.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Banned

"Like the audit says, the sample size is too small so the regeneration that even Stevie Wonder can see isn't necessarily getting documented."
According to the audit, Wmi also took testimony from dcnr.

The audit says regen. has failed despite rock bottom deer numbers. If "lush vegetation" is being seen, its because its the nonpreferred species that dcnr & pgc are constantly crying about no doubt.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 03-03-2010 at 04:27 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.