Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pa game commission hunting license fee increase not needed >

Pa game commission hunting license fee increase not needed

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa game commission hunting license fee increase not needed

Old 03-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Banned

"Well you don't have to move out west. Virginia still has lots of deer. West VA. too."

Why on earth would i do that, when with responsible management, the hunting can and should be better than both of those states RIGHT HERE?? Think I'll stick to plan A, but thanks for the suggestions. Besides, I have several times and probably will just for kicks in the future at some time again hunt WV. Its only a short drive. Though I much prefer Ohio, having spent a few years out that way as well...but its not quite as convenient for me. Hard to get out there and scout etc. as Id like on top of all my Pa preparations and everything else considered...

If where everyone lived was determined by where theyd like to hunt, Pa would be a deserted Ghost town, and states like iowa ill. etc. would be packed in like sardines.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pa is a lot better than some here claim.
But it is much worse than it was in 2000 when we harvested 203K buck compared to 109K buck in 2007 or 122K buck in 2008. Those harvests represent a reduction of the herd of over 40% compared to the reduction of 25% reported in the audit.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
But it is much worse than it was in 2000 when we harvested 203K buck compared to 109K buck in 2007 or 122K buck in 2008. Those harvests represent a reduction of the herd of over 40% compared to the reduction of 25% reported in the audit.
Just more proof that we had too many deer back then
Old 03-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

regeneration in 2G decreased from 45% to 38% as the herd was reduced, breeding rates and productivity decreased as the herd was reduced and the breeding window remained unchanged. therefore there was no scientific evidence to support your claim that we had too many deer in 2000!!!