Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
case of Pa WCO harassment? >

case of Pa WCO harassment?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

case of Pa WCO harassment?

Old 02-16-2010, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

WCO's / DWCO's will sometime work in regular clothes, but are supposed to always have the agency ID on them while working. Badge and PGC issued ID card
Old 02-16-2010, 05:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Potterco claims that the state police were called to the scene. Wouldnt they catch on to a poser? And how would a poser have radio capabilty to call the state police? He al tells us that this guy followed or watched hm several more times. That'd be pretty risky business for an imposter. Of course it also doesnt make sense for a real WCO or DWCO to spend that much time on someone who's doing no wrong. Something in this story just doesnt seem to add up.

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 02-16-2010 at 05:27 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Potterco claims that the state police were called to the scene. Wouldnt they catch on to a poser? And how would a poser have radio capabilty to call the state police? Something in this story just doesnt seem to add up.
WCO's or DWCo cannot call the state police by radio. They have a secure channel, unless it was on a tactical channel.

All I know is that the name provided to me by Potterco, doesnt match any of the names for WCO's or DWCO in the two counties. I encouraged him to contact a supervisor.

Radio transmissions are recorded so it would be easy to determine by a supervisor who stopped him if it was in fact a PGC employee
Old 02-16-2010, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

WCO RWJ,

Is it a normal occurence for you guys to even get the SP involved in the kind of situation Potterco describes? And wouldnt it be quite likely they'd catch an imposter?
Old 02-16-2010, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

No we dont call PSP or anybody on a regular basis, usually have to have some mitigating things going on to call the locals. PSP would only catch a imposter if they checked ID and I am assuming they would if the guy wasnt in uniform. From Potterco's post it sounds like he knows this guy and has seen him before.
Another thing I dont understand is if this happened in October why wait till now to post? Most folks would be so flippin mad they would post right away.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

I was away visiting family over the holiday weekend until this morning and this is the first I've sat down at the computer. RWJ had indeed contacted me an I supplied what I recall of the incidents. Rich says he contacted Sullie's WCO and no one of the name I gave him is aboard...fine with me...I didn't have the exact spelling of the name to begin with not RWJ's fault nor mine.
I hadn't filed a report at the time 'cause I figure when a hornet stings you why disturbe the entire nest...best just to let the hornet land on some fly paper himself....A new hunting season isn't that long in coming an when I'm down there doing some farm business this year I'll have a video camera with me...then we'll get to the bottom of this. Until then I'll continue my crusade to stop the killing off of too many does in my wmu.
*edited to add thanks to Rich for making an effort to check into it...like I said a country boy knows how to get a pay back done...I didn't get this old by being dumb!

Last edited by Potterco; 02-16-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

Potterco, I would ask for a name and then talk to a supervisor. WCO Finnegan is the WCO for Sullivan County. Might want to give him a call.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Potterco...You say you didn't get this old by being dumb..??..

Then you tell us that this big bad fish cop has been harrassing you, and you dont' know his name or his badge number...

Well, I was born at night, but it wasn't last night...

Sounds to me like you are either dumber than a box of rocks, or you are blowing smoke...
Old 02-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Pygmy
Potterco...You say you didn't get this old by being dumb..??..

Then you tell us that this big bad fish cop has been harrassing you, and you dont' know his name or his badge number...

Well, I was born at night, but it wasn't last night...

Sounds to me like you are either dumber than a box of rocks, or you are blowing smoke...
sounds to me like you're a little puke trying to play with the big boys..grow up an address me with respect and I'll answer you.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really don't care if you answer me or not...

You come on this forum making all kinds of vague allegations without any facts to back them up..

If you want to be taken seriously, you need to get your ducks in a row....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.