Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Mountain Lion tracks found in Du bois PA >

Mountain Lion tracks found in Du bois PA

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain Lion tracks found in Du bois PA

Old 01-11-2010, 06:11 AM
Spike

Default Mountain Lion tracks found in Du bois PA

http://www.thecourierexpress.com/site/news.asp?brd=2758

http://www.thecourierexpress.com/sit...d=572984&rfi=6
Old 01-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

Since Doug Ell is a resident of TL, I'll let him investigate this one. I'm sure he has heard about it by now, and can probably give us more info than this article.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no details other than what I've read in the paper.Just heard about it last night.Our local WCO lives in TL.I thought it was kind of odd that he wasn't contacted.I'll call him and see what he has to say about it.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Spike

Without a doubt, those are mountain lion tracks.
With evidence like that,do you think they would want to speak up on something they been denying for years?
Old 01-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

I can't find any pics in your links of the said tracks. The tell tale sign of cat tracks is the center pad of the foot is a triangular shape. Canines will have 3 distinct lobes in the center pad, clover-like in appearance. Mud is often a better indicator, as snow is often too fluffy for positive ID. The absence of claws can also indicate a cat, but every reference I've read says to base your conclusions on the foot pad. For the record, many people whom I now and trust...including my own mother, claim to have seen them. I have to say I'm a believer, but it would be nice to finally get the hard evidence. Likely this will pan out like all the other cases.....water under the bridge. Turn out to be coyote tracks, or a big bobcat.....maybe an escapee from a zoo or private owner at best.

Last edited by Screamin Steel; 01-11-2010 at 09:00 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I didn't see any pictures of tracks, I miss something?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

Pretty cool, be nice to see some images of tracks
Old 01-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just talked with our WCO who lives there.He was never even contacted about the issue.In fact,he just heard about it this morning when someone told him to get the paper.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the tracks in the paper.They weren't clear enough to determine anything.I couldn't get a good look at the pad but they were round with no claws showing in the snow.The areas where these tracks were seen was not a remote area.It's a golf course with houses all around it.There are woods nearby(about 300 hundred acres) but they're being timbered as we speak so there's a fair amount of activity.

A few years ago,a kid riding a bike was supposedly attcked by a mountain lion not far from there.Of course there was no evidence.I'm in these woods 12 months of the year along with dozens of other people.I've never found a track or a kill site.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Tony_Loyd
With evidence like that,do you think they would want to speak up on something they been denying for years?
No one from the PGC was even called to look at them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.