Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Mountain Lion tracks found in Du bois PA >

Mountain Lion tracks found in Du bois PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain Lion tracks found in Du bois PA

Old 01-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Charlie P
I didn't see any pictures of tracks, I miss something?

Yes as a matter of fact the first link had the track prints. Clear as day they was. That link now does not show the tracks.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by DougE
No one from the PGC was even called to look at them.
Would they of gone out and investigated them tracks though DougE?
How many reports do they get and just brush it off as a dog or bobcat?
Those pictures that was in the first link was as crisp as a bell and you could see they was not a K9 and was a very large cat print compared to the shoe print left for comparison.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Tony_Loyd
How many reports do they get and just brush it off as a dog or bobcat?
Those pictures that was in the first link was as crisp as a bell and you could see they was not a K9 and was a very large cat print compared to the shoe print left for comparison.
I can guarantee you that this WCO would have went and checked it out,especially since the tracks were less than a mile from his house.I was with a different WCO this past summer when he got a phone call from a state rep's office concerning a phony mountain lion attack that he just checked out.In fact,he went to that call several different times.

Those pictures were not crisp as a bell.They showed a large round print,which is indicative of a cat as compared to a canine.What wasn't clear was the actual print of the pad.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by DougE
I can guarantee you that this WCO would have went and checked it out,especially since the tracks were less than a mile from his house.I was with a different WCO this past summer when he got a phone call from a state rep's office concerning a phony mountain lion attack that he just checked out.In fact,he went to that call several different times.

Those pictures were not crisp as a bell.They showed a large round print,which is indicative of a cat as compared to a canine.What wasn't clear was the actual print of the pad.
Did you see the pic on the comp from the first article?
Then you could see there was no X on the pad to make it a K9.
I should of saved it when it was first posted.
It was crisp to see that it had no X and was round and way to large to be a bobcat. Did you see the size of it compared to the boot print?
It was not a K9.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw whatever pictures were in the courier express and none where clear enough for me to identify the pad.

Those tracks were about 1/2 mile from my back door.There's 1800 houses in TL.The undeveloped land had 200 hunters all through it this year as well as 4 different logging crews.If there were any large predators roaming around,there would be evidence.Does this elusive cat eat?Where are the rest of the tracks?
Old 01-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Spike

How many pictures was taken? I don't know.
These was not professionals at all. They have no idea about cats and that is for sure from their comments.
But they did get clear photos of the tracks and the size of them.
If you have any idea about K9 tracks and cat tracks you could see from that photo they was not K9s.
K9 tracks are not rounded and you could see that there was no X on the pad.
How many people see a beer every year?
How many hunters even see a bear in PA wilds?
We are not talking about 1000s of bears in PA that very few hunters actually see.
We are talking about a handful of mountain lions.
What are the chances of anyone seeing a beer while out in the woods.
I don't know where that pic went,
But I am sure I can find someone on go Du Bois with a copy of it or even the original person who took the pictures of those tracks.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

We had a lot of people see Mountain Lion tracks on my land in WV. Sadly I seemed to be the only person who saw a Mastiff running around with a Beagle that year.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why would the PGC want to go out and investigate something they've been denying vehemently for so long.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Spike

[QUOTE=DougE;3552709]I saw whatever pictures were in the courier express and none where clear enough for me to identify the pad.

QUOTE]

That is why they wasn't clear to you. They was printed out in the paper and you didn't see them here on the net.
The first link I had posted showed the tracks crystal clear on the net and are clear as a bell compared to a black and white non high difinition local news paper.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never know since they, or any other proffessional, where not called.
Far better story without the risk of what an investigation might have shown - think Amish farmer "attacked" in Lancaster Cty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.