Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Mountain Lion tracks found in Du bois PA >

Mountain Lion tracks found in Du bois PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain Lion tracks found in Du bois PA

Old 01-12-2010, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that the tracks are round with no visible claws which would be indicative of a cat.However,most cats walk with one paw directly in front of the other.I did see the pictures posted on godubois.I couldn't clearly see the shape of the actual pad.Also,when I drew an x between the bottom two toes,the x was in front of the pad,not in the middle of it.Listen.I live here and spend alot of my free time in the woods as do mnay of my buddy's.The closest wooded area to where those tracks were found are currently being logged right now and there were loads of people driving them out the past two weeks.If there was a mountian lion in TL,there would certainly be more tracks and other evidence.Where is it?
Old 01-12-2010, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by thndrchiken
Why would the PGC want to go out and investigate something they've been denying vehemently for so long.
The only thing they deny is the existence of actual evidence.They check out reports all the time.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by DougE
I agree that the tracks are round with no visible claws which would be indicative of a cat.However,most cats walk with one paw directly in front of the other.I did see the pictures posted on godubois.I couldn't clearly see the shape of the actual pad.Also,when I drew an x between the bottom two toes,the x was in front of the pad,not in the middle of it.Listen.I live here and spend alot of my free time in the woods as do mnay of my buddy's.The closest wooded area to where those tracks were found are currently being logged right now and there were loads of people driving them out the past two weeks.If there was a mountian lion in TL,there would certainly be more tracks and other evidence.Where is it?
Do they carry cameras with them? how many hunters carry cameras or even care to report strange tracks they see?
Why should they?
They will be denied what they seen or say its a hoax.
You ever seen a cat jump up on a log or a bank?
Their feet are not in the walking position when they land as with the pictures was where it landed on the bridge.
Those are not man made tracks either.
you can see that there is no other disturbance around the track where someone would have to be close to make that print as you might be trying to say to throw off the possiblility that it is a real track and you are trying to hide and deny that fact from all your comments that I read about no mountain lions in PA comments you have posted.
There is no denying that track was not man made nor is it anything other than a moumtain lion track.
Look at the heal of that pad and compare it to a bobcat and then a mountain lion.
That heal matches up with a mountain lion perfect.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Tony_Loyd
Do they carry cameras with them? how many hunters carry cameras or even care to report strange tracks they see?
Why should they?
They will be denied what they seen or say its a hoax.
You ever seen a cat jump up on a log or a bank?
Their feet are not in the walking position when they land as with the pictures was where it landed on the bridge.
Those are not man made tracks either.
you can see that there is no other disturbance around the track where someone would have to be close to make that print as you might be trying to say to throw off the possiblility that it is a real track and you are trying to hide and deny that fact from all your comments that I read about no mountain lions in PA comments you have posted.
There is no denying that track was not man made nor is it anything other than a moumtain lion track.
Look at the heal of that pad and compare it to a bobcat and then a mountain lion.
That heal matches up with a mountain lion perfect.

First of all,no I don't believe there are mountain lions in Pa.That's not to say that that I would say it's impossible.However,I've never seen anything that could be considered verifiable proof.Could some wacko get one and let it loose?Sure.Is there a wild breeding population or any population at all?Doubtful.I also never stated anything about anyone making these tracks.I have no doubt that an animal made them.I just haven't seen any proof that a mountain lion did.Furthermore,the animal walked on the bridge like anything else could.It didn't jump on it.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

[quote=Tony_Loyd;3552931]
I saw whatever pictures were in the courier express and none where clear enough for me to identify the pad.

QUOTE]

That is why they wasn't clear to you. They was printed out in the paper and you didn't see them here on the net.
The first link I had posted showed the tracks crystal clear on the net and are clear as a bell compared to a black and white non high difinition local news paper.
Wonder what happened to the pics in the link?
Old 01-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote=Screamin Steel;3553090]

Wonder what happened to the pics in the link?
They're posted on page 5 of the thread of HPA.The more I look at them,the more I'm convinced they're from a dog.I also just spoke with a buddy of mine that used to guide in Colorado.He said he saw the same exact tracks while cutting firewood in that exact same area.He said they ran parallel with someone that was cross country skiing.

You simply can't get get a good look at the lobes of the footpad to tell for sure.They are bigger than a bobcat and more round than most dogs.They also don't have the toe nails marks like a dog might but people get their dog's toenails clipped all the time.It's not a mountain lion.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:43 AM
Spike

It didn't jump on it.

Ok DougE. If the photo wasn't that clear to you.
How can you say it did not jump on that bridge and that it was walking?
In a early reply you said cats walk with their feet right behind each others.
Them prints was side by side as the animal stopped or jumped in that photo.
I am say jumped because how close the front feet and rear feet are close as when a cat lands and the front feet and back feet are side by side and the photos was taken where the cat came onto the bridge yet there is no prints near the edge of the bridge where the cat would of walked onto the bridge.
That cat jumped onto the bridge.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok DougE. If the photo wasn't that clear to you.
How can you say it did not jump on that bridge and that it was walking?
In a early reply you said cats walk with their feet right behind each others.
Them prints was side by side as the animal stopped or jumped in that photo.
I am say jumped because how close the front feet and rear feet are close as when a cat lands and the front feet and back feet are side by side and the photos was taken where the cat came onto the bridge yet there is no prints near the edge of the bridge where the cat would of walked onto the bridge.
That cat jumped onto the bridge.
Were you there?Did you ever walk on that bridge?I have.The animal simply walked acrossed it just like a person would.Interestingly,the only people contacted about these tracks was the paper.They never called TL security,the PGC or anyone else that may have a legitimate clue what these are.There is no way anyone can conclude that these tracks were made by a mountain lion from those pictures.Last october I had a guy call me because his buddy had a confirmed trail cam picture of a mountain lion in this same area.He was convinced because supposedly a biologist from Florida looked at it and confimed it as a mountain lion.Why Florida?I don't know but that's what he claimed.The picture was as clear as a bell but guess what?It was absolutely,positively a bobcat and a small one at that.Where are the rest of the tracks?Why didn't they follow them or get someone in there with dogs to tree it?A couple smudged prints do not probe the existance of a mountain lion.I'm willing to bet that's a domestic dog and if the tracks were followed,I'm willing to bet they went starit into someones house.There's over 14 inches of snow up he for crying out loud.Stevie wonder would be able to follow those tracks.
'
Old 01-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Then substantiate it with something more then "because I said so".
Old 01-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

The tracks crossed the bridge and thn disappeared in the snow, did I get that right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.