Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Less Deer in NY? >

Less Deer in NY?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Less Deer in NY?

Old 12-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Been out every sit except one since bow season opened. I would have to say my sightings for my land are WAY down. I attribute (or would like to) to the standing corn around me all season. They just cut it yesterday so we'll see what happens now. Really really low numbers though. Was fortunate to kill a nice mature 9 pointer in archery though.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

Well, it snowed like all get-out this morning and last night, so hopefully that will get the deer moving this weekend.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its raining down here in s NY . i dont know why but the rain was real good to me this year, everytime it rained I saw deer while on stand. Id be out in it right now if I wasnt sick as hell. i plan to go back out on fri and Sunday all day.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

I have only been out three times this year for a total of eight hours due to work and seen 12 deer two of which wound up dead
Old 12-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

They have a word for people like that: LUCKY!!! Idt ive seen 12 deer this season. Well, either way, congrats to you.
BigBuck95
Old 12-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

They have a word for people like that: LUCKY!!! Idt ive seen 12 deer this season. Well, either way, congrats to you
I would be even more LUCKY!!! if you would spell out the whole word " IDIOT " people like that are too stupid to figure out what you are saying. Well either way , congrats to me
Old 12-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

Not less deer just alot more spread out. I got my buck in 3C and while not seeing as many, only 6 does and 4 bucks the whole season, the quality of the bucks has been much better. Don't know about everywhere else but last year was first good crop of forage in years and this year was incredible. It was like walking on marbles everywhere. Acorns, walnuts, hickories, wild grapes, even the chestnuts that could produce had a bumper year. More squirrels than I've seen in a very long time, reds, grays, blacks, and mice and chipmunks everywhere. I think the deer have simply spread themselves out as they have so many food sources that they didn't need to use their old routes. Even the bears have stayed up high this year and haven't even raided the garbage and there is far more than usual as we have seen three of them in the last two weeks and you can find their droppings in literally every clearing in sizes that are downright scary. They ate every gut pile we dropped.( figure its them when the whole gut pile is gone,they drag it away versus smaller creatures that eat it there and leave some sort of remains) I think the deer are going to start using more traditional runways etc this weekend with snow on the ground and the forage finally starting to thin. Just an opinion and good luck, going to sleep. Will be heading out to 3C or 3k to fill a DMP tommorrow. take care.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Spike

"IDT" is text talk for "I don't think".
He wasn't calling you an idiot...........
Old 12-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default hhmmmmm

Heres your sign .. lol....
Old 12-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Try new tactics and buy deer cams. I live in new york and went out tonight in late archery and saw 12 does in 2 hours this is unheard for this late in the season of you just need to spend the time finding your spot and be good. Combined rifle season Iv probably seen about 80 deer, some being the same some different I have about 10 different spots I hunt all on different property. bow season is a total different story I average at least a dozen bucks a week sometimes Iv seen as many as 7 bucks in one night and also have seen countless does in the season. Its all about figuring out deer patterns. I hunt funnels they offer the most action for me

Last edited by scribbler444; 12-15-2009 at 08:10 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.