Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

help quick

Old 11-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default help quick

my friend is in the woods bow hunting he shot a nice 8pt and it ran over the hill he gave it half hour when he went over hill someone is draging deer said they shot it and there are 2 holes in it who,s deer is it???
Old 11-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tough one... The first fatal shot should get it, but if the other guy has it and drug it away already your buddy is in trouble. What's the saying? "Possession is 9/10 of the law" Good luck!
Old 11-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DR KILL
my friend is in the woods bow hunting he shot a nice 8pt and it ran over the hill he gave it half hour when he went over hill someone is draging deer said they shot it and there are 2 holes in it who,s deer is it???
Since there is no way to tell if your buddy's shot was the kill shot, and there are two holes in it, I think you have to give in to the guy who's tag is on it. Sad but true. Even if your buddy did kill the deer and this guy is "taking" it, it's the other guy's conscience.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

well, if he is draggin it away, sounds like it is his!!!!
i personally would give it to your buddy...but to each his own!!!finders keepers!!!public lands?private?just a deer, go find another....
on another note, there would be 2 holes if the arrow went through and through., but i think you are sayin two different arrows went through it.
no way to prove who's is who's..what can ya do w/o being in the wrong?!(laws eyes)
Old 11-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

ok guys, it was on public land and here is the story , about 330pm , i get a phone call my buddy just shot a nice buck he hit it a little high but it exited out the other side taking out one lung he seen the buck scramble over the hill, after giving the deer time to expire (45) minutes he trailed the buck over the hill to find 2 guys draging the buck back to the car, he aproached them and the man said the deer was walking when it came to him , the buck had a high hole on the right side and a perfect double lung shot on the same side to but my buddy thinks they were walking out or into the woods and found the buck and shot it while it laid dead on the ground but any way the guys gave him a hard time and he was out numbered so he decided to back out and waite for my other friend to get ther but by that time they were long gone,
Old 11-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

too late now, not worth fighting over it IMO, sure id be mad but with no way to prove it means no room to accuse.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

sadly today YOU BETTER MAKE A GOOD SHOT.i always shoot my bucks behind front shoulder on elbow so it goes right down.i dont wait at all to go get a deer now.you will lose it.

always take your time to make the good shot or leave buck go.whoever tags deer, its their deer.it does not mean anything on who shot the deer.i know it makes us mad but its world we are in.

even my buddies will take a deer from me,i had it happen and they are no longer my friends.i never thought they would act that way on some of my big bucks.but most never were any good at hunting,always after meat.i would shoot their tires off their truck if it was me if i saw them in area next time.as you can see, ole sproul is from OLD SCHOOL of ethical hunting.

Last edited by sproulman; 11-17-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Thats kinda crappy, but it happens and I believe if two hunters shoot the same deer, the one who makes the last fatal shot wins, I know it sucks but it's true, Sorry about what happend, If I see a nice buck walking passed my stand and he has a hole in him I would also shoot him, if when I found him and a nother hunter said he shot it first and had the arrow to prove it, I would probably let him have it, after all he shot it first. but that's just me. Big deer will make some people do crazy things.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default Aaarrrggghhh

Hard to prove and may not ever , but the other guy sounds like a d@$$ .
He could have at least listened to his side of the story and see where he was coming from ,
Old 11-18-2009, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bowfreak4life
Thats kinda crappy, but it happens and I believe if two hunters shoot the same deer, the one who makes the last fatal shot wins, I know it sucks but it's true, Sorry about what happend, If I see a nice buck walking passed my stand and he has a hole in him I would also shoot him, if when I found him and a nother hunter said he shot it first and had the arrow to prove it, I would probably let him have it, after all he shot it first. but that's just me. Big deer will make some people do crazy things.
a SPORTSMAN if he or she saw that buck was wounded badly would put it out of its pain and GIVE it to hunter that wounded it if they can be found which normally you can.now a nick that was not life threatening and deer not trying to go off and die is different.

this is where we seperate the hunters from the amatuers.i shot a big 10 point behind shoulder,this is a killing shot.he ran down hill 50 yds to my buddy and he shot it again.i went down and he said, THAT BUCK WAS NOT HIT HARD,ITS MY DEER.I LEFT HIM HAVE IT AND SAID,I DONT EVER WANT YOU AS MY FRIEND AGAIN AND THAT WAS IT.
to this day he goes to SAME spot hoping for another 10 point buck,he has not got deer in 7 years.this is how it is with most people today,very few SPORTSMAN left.i have 9 new jersey hunters in treestands within 100 yds around me each year as they know i hunt big bucks.each year they say,WE HAD OUR STAND HERE FIRSTi have been in that spot for 45 years.

sorry i got off subject but you have to expect this type of incident do to lack of deer and way some are acting today.

take care SPROUL