Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hn1 flu in pa

Old 10-19-2009, 05:31 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Screamin Steel View Post
my kids are to get the swine flu shot later this month.
You should do some research about the shot before you let your kids get it. My wife's friend is a nurse and her facility will not administer the h1n1 flu shot. The h1n1 flu has mutated so rapidly the current shot is for the original strain of the virus and does not work anymore. It is also dangerous because it is a strain of a live virus that can cause underlying illness to come out that may have never surfaced without it. The regular flu shot is still your best option along with washing your hands and being careful around crowded places.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes, i believe if you were born around 1916 you are safe from it.reason hospitals are sending as many cases home is because a lot of hospitals are skilled nursing too.[elderly patients]they dont want it spreading thru hospitals.also many cancer patients cant be even close to it.
staff is cut to bone.they cant take anymore costs put on them.so, yes you could be sent HOME with it.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jimbodwb View Post
You should do some research about the shot before you let your kids get it. My wife's friend is a nurse and her facility will not administer the h1n1 flu shot. The h1n1 flu has mutated so rapidly the current shot is for the original strain of the virus and does not work anymore. It is also dangerous because it is a strain of a live virus that can cause underlying illness to come out that may have never surfaced without it. The regular flu shot is still your best option along with washing your hands and being careful around crowded places.

I have reserached it quite a bit...I also have a close family fiend who is a doctor and several nurses in the family. They all reccomend it. Way I see it is heaven forbid one of your children contracted it and got very ill or worse, even died. How would I handle the guilt of knowing I could have done SOMETHING that may have prevented it...yet I did nothing. And for the record...they have said nothing about the strain mutating beyond the realm of the vaccination. And ALL flu shots including H1N1 are created from DEAD flu virus..otherwise they wuld literally be infecting everyone who gets it. Your body creates it's own antibodies based on the blueprint within the dead cells. YOU should do some research.It's really not the conspiracy that everyone seems to want to believe.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, Screamin, there are two types of immunization. One is a shot containing the dead virus. The other is some sort of nasal spray containing a weakened, but still live, virus. It is quite possible that the virus is mutating fast. that's what viruses do.
Whether or not it has/will mutate(d) beyond the scope of the immunization, I don't know.

The directive toward medical personnel from authority agencies, like the CDC, are always going to stress immunization. They are concerned with the overall population over the individual....like with all immunizations....unlike a particular parent may be.

The serum is produced and contained in large multi-dose vials (as compared to a single dose vial) and, because of this, preserved with mercury. Of course mercury and other additives are suspected to trigger the quickly growing cases of Autism among todays infants and toddlers. So it's definately not an easy decision for informed parents.

We trust our pediatrician completely, but understand that she has directives that she must adhere to when it comes to immunization. Still, with all of the consideration, it is likely we will immunize our two year old, especially as he has had some minor breathing (pre-asthma) concerns and is , by all account, more susceptible to serious illness from h1n1. My wife is also 8.5 months pregant, so our family is in the high risk category all the way around. Because she worked at the health dept, she was one of the first immunized with the new h1n1 vaccine.

Sproul, according to what I've heard, anyone born before 1950 has a much greater chance of naturally fighting this particular strain than others.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

good info guys,keep it up.i just talked to doctor and he is worried,he said SPROUL THIS IS NOT EVEN THE FLU SEASON YET AND WE ARE GETTING AVG OF 8 TO 10 CASES A WEEK .
our population here is around 1500 residents.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

Hill Billy, how do you know thimerosol is used in the H1NI vaccine? I might have to talk to some friends over at Sanofi Pasteur.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by hillbillyhunter1 View Post
Actually, Screamin, there are two types of immunization. One is a shot containing the dead virus. The other is some sort of nasal spray containing a weakened, but still live, virus. It is quite possible that the virus is mutating fast. that's what viruses do.
Whether or not it has/will mutate(d) beyond the scope of the immunization, I don't know.

The directive toward medical personnel from authority agencies, like the CDC, are always going to stress immunization. They are concerned with the overall population over the individual....like with all immunizations....unlike a particular parent may be.

The serum is produced and contained in large multi-dose vials (as compared to a single dose vial) and, because of this, preserved with mercury. Of course mercury and other additives are suspected to trigger the quickly growing cases of Autism among todays infants and toddlers. So it's definately not an easy decision for informed parents.

We trust our pediatrician completely, but understand that she has directives that she must adhere to when it comes to immunization. Still, with all of the consideration, it is likely we will immunize our two year old, especially as he has had some minor breathing (pre-asthma) concerns and is , by all account, more susceptible to serious illness from h1n1. My wife is also 8.5 months pregant, so our family is in the high risk category all the way around. Because she worked at the health dept, she was one of the first immunized with the new h1n1 vaccine.

Sproul, according to what I've heard, anyone born before 1950 has a much greater chance of naturally fighting this particular strain than others.

1950 ok, the doctor said dad was born in 1915.the big flu thing i think was around 1918 or 1929.he said dad is safe on it but we are not.most of people i see getting it are GIRLS,around 18 yrs old.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:39 AM
Spike

And for the record...they have said nothing about the strain mutating beyond the realm of the vaccination.
The strain has mutated in most parts of the country...mostly in the Northeast

And ALL flu shots including H1N1 are created from DEAD flu virus..otherwise they wuld literally be infecting everyone who gets it. YOU should do some research.It's really not the conspiracy that everyone seems to want to believe.
The H1N1 shot is from a live virus, not a dead one like the regular flu shot. I HAVE done my research and no one said anything about a conspiracy, just the facts. The shot used to work but now it has a better chance of making people more sick. There is a new vaccine coming soon that is for the new mutated strain. I was not trying to tell you what to do, I was just giving information on the subject. I am sorry if I have upset you in any way.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Here are some tips to prevent it that I received.

Try some of this. I know that drinking hot liquids works because I drink hot coffee all day every day and get sick about 1 time every 5 or 6 years, even when everybody in my house is sick.

The only portals of entry are the nostrils and mouth/throat. In a global epidemic of this nature, it's almost impossible to avoid coming into contact with H1N1 in spite of all precautions. Contact with H1N1 is not so much of a problem as proliferation is.

While you are still healthy and not showing any symptoms of H1N1 infection, in order to prevent proliferation, aggravation of symptoms and development of secondary infections, some very simple steps, not fully highlighted in most official communications, can be practiced (instead of focusing on how to stock N95 or Tamiflu):

1. Frequent hand-washing (well highlighted in all official communications).

2. "Hands-off-the-face" approach. Resist all temptations to touch any part of face (unless you want to eat, bathe, etc., but wash hands first!).

3. Gargle twice a day with warm salt water (use Listerine if you don't trust salt). *H1N1 takes 2-3 days after initial infection in the throat/ nasal cavity to proliferate and show characteristic symptoms. Simple gargling prevents proliferation. In a way, gargling with salt water has the same effect on a healthy individual that Tamiflu has on an infected one. Don't underestimate this simple, inexpensive and powerful preventative method. (Gargling with salt water is also good for sore throats, puffy tonsils, and anything that feels like it's getting a foothold in the throat.) Just dissolve a heaping tsp. of salt in 4 oz. of very warm water and gargle. Do NOT swallow the salt water.

4. Similar to 3 above, clean your nostrils at least once every day with warm salt water. Not everybody may be good at Jala Neti or Sutra Neti (very good Yoga asanas to clean nasal cavities), but blowing the nose hard once a day and swabbing both nostrils with cotton buds dipped in warm salt water is very effective in bringing down viral population.

5. Boost your natural immunity with foods that are rich in Vitamin C (Amla and other citrus fruits). If you have to supplement with Vitamin C tablets, make sure that it also has Zinc to boost absorption.

6. Drink as much of warm liquids (tea, coffee, etc) as you can. Drinking warm liquids has the same effect as gargling, but in the reverse direction. They wash off proliferating viruses from the throat into the stomach where they cannot survive, proliferate or do any harm.

I suggest you pass this on to your entire e-list. You never know
20who might pay attention to it - and STAY ALIVE because of it.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PAThwacker View Post
Hill Billy, how do you know thimerosol is used in the H1NI vaccine? I might have to talk to some friends over at Sanofi Pasteur.
My wife finds out this stuff through research and her health dept contacts. If the vials are "multi dose" then, according to what she's found out, yes, they do contain the mercury compound..or whatever it's referred to.

Good post there livbucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.