HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hn1 flu in pa
Thread: Hn1 flu in pa
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 05:01 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by hillbillyhunter1
Actually, Screamin, there are two types of immunization. One is a shot containing the dead virus. The other is some sort of nasal spray containing a weakened, but still live, virus. It is quite possible that the virus is mutating fast. that's what viruses do.
Whether or not it has/will mutate(d) beyond the scope of the immunization, I don't know.

The directive toward medical personnel from authority agencies, like the CDC, are always going to stress immunization. They are concerned with the overall population over the individual....like with all immunizations....unlike a particular parent may be.

The serum is produced and contained in large multi-dose vials (as compared to a single dose vial) and, because of this, preserved with mercury. Of course mercury and other additives are suspected to trigger the quickly growing cases of Autism among todays infants and toddlers. So it's definately not an easy decision for informed parents.

We trust our pediatrician completely, but understand that she has directives that she must adhere to when it comes to immunization. Still, with all of the consideration, it is likely we will immunize our two year old, especially as he has had some minor breathing (pre-asthma) concerns and is , by all account, more susceptible to serious illness from h1n1. My wife is also 8.5 months pregant, so our family is in the high risk category all the way around. Because she worked at the health dept, she was one of the first immunized with the new h1n1 vaccine.

Sproul, according to what I've heard, anyone born before 1950 has a much greater chance of naturally fighting this particular strain than others.

1950 ok, the doctor said dad was born in 1915.the big flu thing i think was around 1918 or 1929.he said dad is safe on it but we are not.most of people i see getting it are GIRLS,around 18 yrs old.