Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Do you belong to the NRA? >

Do you belong to the NRA?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.
View Poll Results: Do you belong to the NRA?
Yes
60.71%
No
17.86%
I did in the past but let my membership expire.
21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Do you belong to the NRA?

Old 08-22-2009, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default Do you belong to the NRA?

Do you belong to the NRA?"
Old 08-22-2009, 05:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes and display the logo proudly on the rear window of my truck.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

NRA member for MANY years.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

Life member of the NRA
Old 08-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was a member for many years. That all changed a couple years ago.

At that time, they were sending out a hunting video, then after a couple weeks they'd send a bill for the video.

With the bill was a letter. It said that if I didn't want the video I was to have returned it in the original packaging. I never read anything that stated that when I first recieved the video. By then, I had already thrown away the packaging.

Every couple weeks they'd send a letter to pay them the money. I never paid. Eventually they left me alone.

A couple months later, I recieved another video. It was the same exact one I received a month earlier.

I read everything on and in the package. There was nothing that said anything about returning the video. After a couple weeks I started getting bills again with another letter stating I was supposed to return the video in original packaging if I didn't want it.

I called the phone number in one of the nasty letters and explained that this was my seond video they sent me. I explained that nowhere did it state I was to return it if I didn't want it. They basically just apologized. I told them I thought it was pretty bad that they would stoop low enough to scam their own members like that. They just apologized and didn't even try to defend themselves. I informed them that I was a member for many years but I would not renew my membership to an organization that would pull something like that.

I couldn't believe they would do something like that. That is a scam in my book.

Somewhere in some forum I posted this and found several others that had the same scam.

I realize they do a lot for our gun rights but I feel they waste too much money. They seem geared toward guys with deep pockets and not us little guys.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Spike

I have been a member.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was a 5 year member and believe in supporting them.
However, once you **** me off it's hard to reel me back in...

After the never ending harassing phone calls almost bi-weekly I opted out.

Their marketing tactics turned me off, sorry Charleton Heston (RIP) and Ted Nugent, but you need to work on that aspect too!

For that matter Buck Masters is the same breed, too ignorant for their own good!
Old 08-23-2009, 05:00 AM
Typical Buck

If ever there was a time to be a member-it is now! Our gun rights and our constitution is in severe danger. We need to have someone stand up for us. I know that sometimes the NRA can be anoying however they are fighting a good fight. There is no-one like the Nuge who stands up for hunters in this country. Like him or not he tells it like it is!!! We need to focus on whats important to us. I've been a member for over twenty five years and proud of it.

Last edited by mr.mc54; 08-23-2009 at 07:15 AM. Reason: more info.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

30 Years a member and proud of it.If you're not willing to pull an oar get the hell out of the boat and swim!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bernie P.
30 Years a member and proud of it.If you're not willing to pull an oar get the hell out of the boat and swim!
Yah brother!!! tell it like it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.