Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Do you belong to the NRA? >

Do you belong to the NRA?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.
View Poll Results: Do you belong to the NRA?
Yes
60.71%
No
17.86%
I did in the past but let my membership expire.
21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Do you belong to the NRA?

Old 08-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Life member. I dont display the sticker though, taint nobodies biz.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Spike

Life member.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

i was till they became a pain in the ass on the phone
Old 08-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had the same thing with a book a while back. buckmasters did the video thing to me. I quit buckmasters over it but still belong to the NRA. I feel that the fight they are fighting for us is too important to walk away from. Especially now!
Old 08-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Makes you wonder why an organization would stoop to such a tactic.

Some of the letters were on the nasty side, telling me that I was letting down fellow members and such.

In their mind it was OK to scam their members but I was the bad guy for not falling for their scam.

I wonder who gave the OK, inside the NRA, to do that to loyal members?

I realize they do a lot of good. The problem is with hunters who don't vote or vote the wrong way. Elected politicians are the ones that will take our guns. Vote them out and much of our problem is solved.

Ever wonder how many of those NRA members voted for Obama or other anti-gun congressmen?

They are a member, yet they vote for the very people that will take away our guns.

I'm no longer an NRA member but I vote.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Windwalker7
Ever wonder how many of those NRA members voted for Obama or other anti-gun congressmen?
My guess would be, not many.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

If you do belong to the NRA, do you ever donate any of your money when they ask for it? Do you ever make donations to the NRA-ILA or the NRA political vicory fund?

I will confirm that I am a Life NRA member and that I do make donations to both of these organizations within the NRA.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

Life member, 16 years on local Friends of the NRA banquet committee, longtime grassroots volunteer, ILA contributor. Half of the money raised at state FNRA banquets, comes back to the state in the form of grants for youth programs, shooting programs and other worth while projects.

Not particularly impressed with some of their recent moves in PA, notably sticking their nose into the xbow debate and their ill-conceived and perfidious opposition to recent legislation intended to finally put some teeth in our poaching laws.

Two biggest complaints I've heard from members during many years at the Eastern Sports and Outdoors show, are about the constant mailings/phone calls and the Chinese-made stuff they hand out or sell.

Anyone that doesn't want to be constantly solicited, can call member services and ask to be removed from their soliciation list: 800-672-3888.

As for the unsolicited videos and books, US Postal regs state that anything you receive in the mail that you didn't request, is yours to keep, or send back. Your choice.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

[quote=Windwalker7;3417150
I'm no longer an NRA member but I vote.[/quote]

Keep on votin Bro, without the NRA to fight the legal battles for you -WE ALL LOOSE.

As for voting for Osama Obama-People who belong to the NRA, are way to intelligent to do that!!! We read the news papers and our magazines from the NRA and know what we're voting for. If you cannot help out our cause when need be, don't. The NRA will still fight for even your rights!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mr.mc54
Keep on votin Bro, without the NRA to fight the legal battles for you -WE ALL LOOSE.

As for voting for Osama Obama-People who belong to the NRA, are way to intelligent to do that!!! We read the news papers and our magazines from the NRA and know what we're voting for. If you cannot help out our cause when need be, don't. The NRA will still fight for even your rights!!!!!!!!!!
Right on the money!! I have been a member over 40yrs and we need them now more than ever!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.