Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Do you belong to the NRA? >

Do you belong to the NRA?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.
View Poll Results: Do you belong to the NRA?
Yes
60.71%
No
17.86%
I did in the past but let my membership expire.
21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Do you belong to the NRA?

Old 08-24-2009, 02:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

The NRA scammed me too. I belonged for 30 yrs. I got the video scam too, then 2 yrs later they took my membership dues and gave them to the ILA. Even calling them on the phone several times they would not put the money back to my membership.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:54 AM
Typical Buck

After a long time membership,I quit for awhile for the same reasons Windwalker and Denny already expressed. Unwanted books in the mail and receiving phone calls,four to five days a week! But, with the growing # 's of idiots trying to take my guns,I renewed my membership.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Maverick 1
If you do belong to the NRA, do you ever donate any of your money when they ask for it? Do you ever make donations to the NRA-ILA or the NRA political vicory fund?

I will confirm that I am a Life NRA member and that I do make donations to both of these organizations within the NRA.
Yes!I do what I can.Not much really.Only around 20-30 a year on average but every little bit helps.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bernie P.
Yes!I do what I can.Not much really.Only around 20-30 a year on average but every little bit helps.

I agree. Individually, we are not much of a force but united we are a mountain.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

The NRA tries to portray itself as the voice of gun owners and hunters, but the reality is that NRA members are still a minority among both gun owners and hunters. There are what about 4 million NRA members or so? There are way MORE gun owners and hunters out there than this number. Many will never join because they don't exactly care for their rhetoric or tactics.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

yes
Old 08-25-2009, 04:24 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Steve863
The NRA tries to portray itself as the voice of gun owners and hunters, but the reality is that NRA members are still a minority among both gun owners and hunters. There are what about 4 million NRA members or so? There are way MORE gun owners and hunters out there than this number. Many will never join because they don't exactly care for their rhetoric or tactics.
And the 4 million or so members pick up the slack for the rest of them. You may not like their rhetoric or tatics but the bottom line they are the ones with the muscle to stop the anti second ammendment crowd. I am not going to play nice if someone breaks in my home and takes something, and I am not going to play nice when someone trys to take away a constitutional right.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pats102862
And the 4 million or so members pick up the slack for the rest of them. You may not like their rhetoric or tatics but the bottom line they are the ones with the muscle to stop the anti second ammendment crowd. I am not going to play nice if someone breaks in my home and takes something, and I am not going to play nice when someone trys to take away a constitutional right.
Maybe so, but my main point here is that maybe the gun owners and hunters who don't join the NRA just don't see the gun issue with the same level of importance. Most NRA members probably see the 2nd amendment as their most cherished right. Other gun owners and hunters probably don't or just have other things that are more important to them to worry about. Besides, there are more hunting opportunities throughout this country than there ever were. Hunters are needed and many states are trying real hard to keep hunters hunting and trying to recruit young hunters for the future. What exactly will hunters hunt with if hunting guns get outlawed like some people think will happen? Surely bowhunting only won't be able to control game populations as well as gun hunting? I think a good many hunters realize that it is far fetched that hunting guns will be banned anytime soon, thus they don't feel the need to join a group like the NRA. They maybe wrong in their thinking, but as of yet they still have their guns and many don't feel that it's only due to the NRA that they still do.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe so, but my main point here is that maybe the gun owners and hunters who don't join the NRA just don't see the gun issue with the same level of importance. Most NRA members probably see the 2nd amendment as their most cherished right. Other gun owners and hunters probably don't or just have other things that are more important to them to worry about. Besides, there are more hunting opportunities throughout this country than there ever were. Hunters are needed and many states are trying real hard to keep hunters hunting and trying to recruit young hunters for the future. What exactly will hunters hunt with if hunting guns get outlawed like some people think will happen? Surely bowhunting only won't be able to control game populations as well as gun hunting? I think a good many hunters realize that it is far fetched that hunting guns will be banned anytime soon, thus they don't feel the need to join a group like the NRA. They maybe wrong in their thinking, but as of yet they still have their guns and many don't feel that it's only due to the NRA that they still do.
Guns are the ONLY reason we still have any rights left at all.The NRA constantly fighting to protect the Constitution (not just the 2nd Amendment) is the ONLY reason we still have guns.In this months American Hunter there's an article regarding the current attacks on our 1st Amendment rights.Don't count on hearing about this from Katie Couric or any other liberal news anchor/network news.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

Very naive thinking but thats ok, Me and 4 million other members will fight the good fight so you don't have to find out the hard way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.