Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

scouting

Old 08-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wrong again! I still enjoy the challenge of pushing a legal deer to a member of our group and I will enjoy harvesting a buck his year if one comes my way. But i am past the stage where harvesting a deer is the primary focus of my life, but I have no problem with guys like you that buy their bucks.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

slam.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
Old 08-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Wrong again! I still enjoy the challenge of pushing a legal deer to a member of our group and I will enjoy harvesting a buck his year if one comes my way. But i am past the stage where harvesting a deer is the primary focus of my life, but I have no problem with guys like you that buy their bucks.

You also have no problem perpetrating lies. You know nothing about how I hunt and you never will. Partly because I've no intention of spelling it out and mostly because you simply can't accept the success of others without allowing your bitterness to cloud the picture.

Since you made the accusation, why don't you define "buying a buck" as you see it and while you're at it, provide proof for your libelous statement?
Old 08-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

oh yeah lets see proof of your statement bb
Old 08-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

If you think about it,we all "buy" a buck. It starts with the purchase of a license to hunt. The cost of the weapon or weapon's. The cost of accessories. For some,the cost of buying or leasing of land. The cost for maintaining that land. The cost of gas and wear /tear on the vehicle. For some, the cost for someone to process their deer. The cost for the equipment for those who process their own. I could add more. The point, if you look at what we spend to hunt,you can say we all buy our buck. I should say,deer. Some just spend more than others.Be it gadgets,time in the field,or acquiring prime hunting real-estate by purchase,lease or just nocking on doors for permission.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree blkpowder. Although I would choose the term "paying ones dues" over buying a buck. By your definition, we all do indeed "pay" or "buy" our bucks.

The bird reminds me of the guy at work who shows up late and leaves early, calls in sick and never really commits to the job and then gets angry when someone else gets the raise and promotion. He sits there hoping to hit the powerball and despises others for having the things they worked for that he doesnt because he wont work for them . So he waits for it to land in his lap and whines all the while about the unfairness of it all
Old 08-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I only buy the legal right to harvest a buck. I process my deer and have owned the rifles i use for over 30 years.So the only additional expense is the few shells I use each year, if I am lucky.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
I agree blkpowder. Although I would choose the term "paying ones dues" over buying a buck. By your definition, we all do indeed "pay" or "buy" our bucks.

The bird reminds me of the guy at work who shows up late and leaves early, calls in sick and never really commits to the job and then gets angry when someone else gets the raise and promotion. He sits there hoping to hit the powerball and despises others for having the things they worked for that he doesnt because he wont work for them . So he waits for it to land in his lap and whines all the while about the unfairness of it all
Exactly! On both statements.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I only buy the legal right to harvest a buck. I process my deer and have owned the rifles i use for over 30 years.So the only additional expense is the few shells I use each year, if I am lucky.

No efforts to learn about and improve the deers habitat?
No efforts to develop a relationship with a landowner to secure the right to hunt?
No effort to acquire some land to help support the wildlife you pursue?
No effort to make thing happen as opposed to hoping that things will happen?

Well dear bird, it appears that you get what you "pay" for LOL

But take heart! SOMEONE has to hit the lottery! Right?
Old 08-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

As usual you are wrong on every issue. I have improved the habitat on my property and on an adjoining property. I have permission to hunt on all adjacent land owners and many more. I have so much deer food on my property that the deer aren't browsing my jewel weed or my raspberries. you truly are a clueless buffoon .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.