Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Do bobcats kill deer?  Here is the answer. >

Do bobcats kill deer? Here is the answer.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Do bobcats kill deer? Here is the answer.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by crokit
Pike: Is that a turkey or turkey vulture that bobcat has?
crokit its a turkey. And dont worry I know that its ilegal for the bobcat to be hunting turkeys over bait and that he should be turned in for doing so.
Sorry I couldnt resist!!! Pike
Old 08-14-2009, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sad is the wrong word. If the bobcat does not find meat, it and it's young die.
Do hunters really feel that they should be the only predator allowed?

Steve
Old 08-14-2009, 04:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by cvtrapper
WTF are you instigating here. There was no mention of PGC or 2F or 2G and just talking about animals. You come in like a dick weed and try to start sh!@ on this thread.And you have the balls to complain about other people starting SH!@ that has nothing to do with PFC or D or F. Step off and don't ruin this thread you jerk off.
Go back to decaf, you're dangerously close to becoming statistically irrelevant.

You big tough guy, you.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

I am the one who used the word "sad" and I agree, it's the wrong word. The food chain is what it is, and like it or not, we have to share the deer. However, I do believe that certain predators, such as coyotes, need to be hunted when they get out of control, as they can be deadly. The bobcat is doing what God meant it to do. I guess if it wasn't a fawn and just an adult deer, I wouldn't have said that. It's the fact that it's a helpless fawn that did for me, but maybe that's all the bobcat could handle. At least we know he will eat it all, and whatever is left, the rest of the food chain - crows, etc. - will take care of.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by J Pike
crokit its a turkey. And dont worry I know that its ilegal for the bobcat to be hunting turkeys over bait and that he should be turned in for doing so.
Sorry I couldnt resist!!! Pike

LMAO Honest, I didn't even notice the bait!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

Predators have to do a little bit of eating too, its called an ecosystem. When Im on summer break from school i work for Department of Highways. I pick up five fawns a week not including full grown deer hit by cars. We really need to start riding bikes and stop driving vehicles! Im applying for my salvage license this fall to try and put an end to this!!! lol
Old 08-17-2009, 01:40 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by J Pike
Those are amazing pics!! I get upset at first when looking at those pics aswell, but then I realize that its part of nature and if a hunter has every right to kill that fawn in the next month or so, so should a bobcat,coyote, bear etc. and I dont mind that they take their share. Pike
i have a hard time agreeing with this, because i'm a human and i would much rather kill the deer that bobcats and yotes are killing, if preditor numbers go to high i think you might be changing your opininion...
Old 08-17-2009, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Those pics were awesome. I think overall the bobcats contribution to deer predation is minimal. MUCH less than the coyotes or even black bears. I'd love to bag a big tom bobcat with a prime coat and immortalize him on the wall....sunning on a limb or a rock ledge. 'Course I'd have to apply for a permit and get a clue in hell how I'd go about hunting one first. I've only seen two in my life, despite growing up and living a large chunk of my life in 4D. So I doubt it will ever happen. They are beautiful creatures to say the least. I don't consider them any kind of a threat to deer hunting. Btw....if that's a big ole long spurred gobbler, that kitty might be in line for an arse kicking! LOL

Last edited by Screamin Steel; 08-17-2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome pics. Hate to see it, but then it is nature at it's best.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

got the same bobcat pics in my email today and it had this on them
Got this from a friend in Sayre, Pa.

BRR

Check these pics out. They were taken up over the hill behind the Pink Apple . I wonder if the PA Game Com. is gonna check this fellow for an antlerless permit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.