Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Do bobcats kill deer?  Here is the answer. >

Do bobcats kill deer? Here is the answer.

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Do bobcats kill deer? Here is the answer.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those are amazing pics!! I get upset at first when looking at those pics aswell, but then I realize that its part of nature and if a hunter has every right to kill that fawn in the next month or so, so should a bobcat,coyote, bear etc. and I dont mind that they take their share. Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 08-13-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the most amazing trailcam pic I have ever seen, it was posted by a guy on another site. I guess If a bobcat can do this it would have no problem killing a fawn. Pike
Old 08-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Typical Buck

Those are awesome pics as well. I agree every wild animal has it's place and should be expected to do what it naturally does. Definitely awesome to be able to witness nature at it's rawest.
I will still be applying for a bobcat permit because they are on the rise while everything else I hunt is on the decline. An increase in any predator population is the last thing we need in PA. Even though nature should dictate that if there isn't enough prey then predators cannot increase but that doesn't seem to follow our current trend.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

[quote=J Pike;3407356 if a hunter has every right to kill that fawn in the next month or so should a bobcat,coyote, bear etc. and I dont mind that they take their share.
[/quote]

Yes, unlike humans, bobcats can't go to the butcher shop and buy a few cuts of meat.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys here is a link to the video of the kill. Pikehttp://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...bcat072209.flv
Old 08-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by J Pike
Here is the most amazing trailcam pic I have ever seen, it was posted by a guy on another site. I guess If a bobcat can do this it would have no problem killing a fawn. Pike
I would not be surprised if eagles takes twice as many fawns as BC do. I am not sure about hawks or owls. The fawns seem like they might be to big of a target for them. But none the less we need to get a hold on these predation animals for the future of our hunting.
No way can we keep competeing with each other over these animals we hunt.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pike: Is that a turkey or turkey vulture that bobcat has?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Spike

it looks like the bobcat is the prey.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll bet Buick's kill more deer than bobcats do in this state every year.

Except in 2F and 2G and thats cause all the bob cats starved to death when the PGC killed every last breeding doe and left the woods void of fawns for them to dine on.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bawanajim
Except in 2F and 2G and thats cause all the bob cats starved to death when the PGC killed every last breeding doe and left the woods void of fawns for them to dine on.
WTF are you instigating here. There was no mention of PGC or 2F or 2G and just talking about animals. You come in like a dick weed and try to start sh!@ on this thread.And you have the balls to complain about other people starting SH!@ that has nothing to do with PGC or 2d or 2f. Step off and don't ruin this thread you jerk off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.