Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Just spent a week in 2G.......... >

Just spent a week in 2G..........

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Just spent a week in 2G..........

Old 07-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Just spent a week in 2G..........

Just spent a week in 2G at scout camp with the troop and boy, did we see some nice deer. (Not just at the camp but all around and while traveling in the vicinity of DuBois,Pennfield, Weedville, Benezette. Saw the elk of course but also saw plenty of good size does with healthy fawns. Some decent bucks with good body and antler size but no real whoppers. (Don't forget, I live in 2B)

This is our third year in the same area and the numbers seemed to be up where we were.

From what I saw, things could be looking up for you 2G hunters
Old 07-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's my back yard and yes it is looking good.I hunt all around the boyscout camp and kill deer on that public land every year.That's just a few air miles from my house.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I figured you were close. The Treasure Lake entrance is kinda hard to miss! I talked to a lot of locals while at the camp and most were pretty optimistic about what they've been seeing as well. the camp ranger said that the hunting is pretty good close by as well.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

Can't comment on the rest of the state, but I'am seeing deer all over the place where I live.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

Some decent bucks with good body and antler size but no real whoppers

BT, you'll have to define "decent", "good body size" and "good antler size" for at least one who posts here. Ya can't get vague, nebulous descriptions like that past him.

Guess he still posts here? See the name, can't see the "contributions". Just the way I likes it, too.

Some real beauts up in the top of 3A where we hunt, too, but I feel no obligation to expound on their qualifications. Have already seen at least a dozen that I'd fling a ball or arrow at this fall. Close enough for me.

Glad others are also seeing some nice bucks. One of the ol' buzzards at our sportsmen's club is building a new camp in Clearfield County. Told me last week, that they're seeing lots of deer and some good bucks in his new location.

Asked him what was up with that, since he's fussed for the past 6 years about "no deer" around his old place and the new land isn't that far from the old camp (two miles, IIRC).

Said he had no idea, but the new place is loaded with deer and dandy bucks this summer. Despite all his grumbling, he killed a very nice buck near the old place a few years ago. 19" 10 point with some terrific mass. By Feb. he was back to grumbling again.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Banned

Wow, a few of the hardest core pgc supporters on the internet saying its gonna be another great year! Ones who've said the same last year and the year before, two of the lowest harvest years on modern day record. And now its gonna be another great year this year! Imagine that! lmao.

Seriously though, glad some are seeing a few more deer out and about. Maybe one of these days this mess will be straightened out for good and not just in pockets but more or less statewide.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

BT, you'll have to define "decent", "good body size" and "good antler size" for at least one who posts here. Ya can't get vague, nebulous descriptions like that past him.

Guess he still posts here? See the name, can't see the "contributions". Just the way I likes it, too.
Why ya varmint. First ya say he posts here, then ya say ya don't see no contributions.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as im concered it will be a good year. Atleast for some of us that enjoy hunting
Old 07-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Banned

Especially if you like trilliium and hobblebush.

I agree though bowtruck. It will be a good year every year you are above ground. Despite pgcs best attempts at ruining things.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

Here's my deer report after 775 miles of travel through the Tioga State Forest since the beginning of May......things are looking better.....been seeing a fair number of does with single fawns.....have seen 2 bucks that were legal....several spikes....just hung my deer cam where I found a huge shed during spring gobbler season.....time will tell.

My prediction....even though many roads were iced up and prevented travel during the firearms season.......the buck kill in 2G will be down by about 20% this season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.