Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA doe tags Going Going..... soon to be gone!!! >

PA doe tags Going Going..... soon to be gone!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA doe tags Going Going..... soon to be gone!!!

Old 07-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since the same plots are not evaluated every year and only evaluated once in about five years the present yearly changes in the percentage of adequate regeneration is only comparing various areas against one another. The present data can not be used in any way shape or form to determine if the total habitat for a unit, or even an area of a unit, is increasing or decreasing.
Some areas of every unit had more regeneration then other areas from the very bigging of the studies so all the data available so far has done nothing more then collect the regeneration data over a larger range of the entire unit. It will be a few more years yet before any comparisons of the same sample plots can be evaluated or compared to see if the total habitat is improving or decreasing.

At this point all that can be evaluated is the sample of the plots visited for that year which is about one fifth of all survey plots. That provides a snapshot view of the habitat as poor, fair or good but it can’t be compared as an annual comparison like you are trying to do.
The PGC has been telling us that the herd is being managed based on forest health,which they determine based on the percentage of regeneration. But you are now telling us that data is worthless and can't be "compared as an annual basis" as you stated So are you saying the PGC has been lying to the hunters once again or are you lying to the hunters once again?
Old 07-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Banned

Appears to me, to be a hearty dose of both.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Spike

made new post

Last edited by cvtrapper; 07-22-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default How fast do deer grow

we opened the hospital grounds for hunting doe.we had about 18 doe.over 2 years they shot doe down to about 3 or so.then we closed it for last 2 years.we now have around 11 deer there, 3 bucks,6 doe and 2 fawns.

dont know if this is any kind of survey but you can see deer went from 3 or so to 11 in 2 years of no doe hunting.i believe there is about 250 acres on this land.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
The PGC has been telling us that the herd is being managed based on forest health,which they determine based on the percentage of regeneration. But you are now telling us that data is worthless and can't be "compared as an annual basis" as you stated So are you saying the PGC has been lying to the hunters once again or are you lying to the hunters once again?
Absolutely the deer herd is being managed based on real herd and forest health parameters.

Just because you don’t understand it certainly doesn’t mean the professional resource researchers and managers don’t understand it. Most of us have known for a long time that you don’t know, understand or agree with what is going on. But, most of the logical people also know you don’t know what you are talking about the majority of the time too so I guess your lack of knowledge on this topic is no surprise.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 07-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by R.S.B.
Absolutely the deer herd is being managed based on real herd and forest health parameters.

Just because you don’t understand it certainly doesn’t mean the professional resource researchers and managers don’t understand it. Most of us have known for a long time that you don’t know, understand or agree with what is going on. But, most of the logical people also know you don’t know what you are talking about the majority of the time too so I guess your lack of knowledge on this topic is no surprise.

R.S. Bodenhorn

I can't believe that to be true. The reason is because the WMUs are so big. 2G has 9 counties in it. Now from my understanding is that you are taking the worse parts of that WMU and making it for the whole WMU. Now that is not accurate at all one bit. Seriously look at the size of that WMU and tell us your data is good for that complete WMU. It is not one bit true for that whole WMU. I read alot of posts on here and looked at that WMU,it is a monster size.Can it hold more deer than said?Without a doubt. Seriously,they need to go back to counties and get rid of the WMUs. WMUs was set up to make the area to look larger so they could sale more doe tags than they would of thru the county system.

What is the land mass area of 2G.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:38 AM
Spike

http://www.saveelk.com/wolf_003.htm

Could we compare what wolves are doing to elk that the PGC is doing to the deer herd in PA thru hunters?
Old 07-23-2009, 03:41 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by cvtrapper
http://www.saveelk.com/wolf_003.htm

Could we compare what wolves are doing to elk that the PGC is doing to the deer herd in PA thru hunters?
Comparing Pa. hunters to a pack of wolves, thats how I would describe some hunting gangs I know of. They pile out of three to four pickup trucks and push every square foot of land they are allowed on, [and sneak on some they are not] and if they would find the last known whitetail to exisist in Pa. they would kill it then complain that there is no more.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:16 AM
Banned

And the gameless commission would give more tags the next year and encourage even more of the same.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by pats102862
Comparing Pa. hunters to a pack of wolves, thats how I would describe some hunting gangs I know of. They pile out of three to four pickup trucks and push every square foot of land they are allowed on, [and sneak on some they are not] and if they would find the last known whitetail to exisist in Pa. they would kill it then complain that there is no more.
Pa hunters are like a pack of wolves and I believe that they would actually hunt the last deer down and kill it. The PGC agrees and that's the EXACT facts that the PGC was banking on when the herd reduction program was put in place. And before anybody says it.....yes I fell for it to!

I hear it all the time on my handheld radio, which I keep on the scan mode all the time...."hey one of you guys gotta come down and tag this doe I just shot."

Makes me sick to my stomach.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.