Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pa license increase >

Pa license increase

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa license increase

Old 04-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Pa license increase

This poll is not quite fair but it's written to balance the other one on this subject.

Is it reasonable to have a hunting license increase after 10 years without one and considering that PA's basic resident license feeis second to lowest of all the states that adjoin PA?
Old 04-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pa license increase

As a non resident PA hunter I know I pay more but I can understand both sides of the issue. In some area's there are plenty of deer, in others the hr have just flat out decimated the herd, 2G for example has lost the first few days of the rifle season to a buck only restriction. Is that due to the hr, partly yes, but I also feel that it is more due to the greed of the hunters. when 1 buck tag and two does tags aren't enough some feel that it is ok to get doe tags for themselves, their wife and their kids. Other's just flat out reuse their doe tag. To me that is poaching. Fortunately I have had the privilege to hunt a friend's private land the last few years and have been able to fill at least one tag the last few years. Other's that don't have that are limited to hunting state land as I had to before this private land became available. Personally I think an earn a buck system should be implemented. That is just my opinion but I feel that it is more realistic than issuing thousands of extra doe tags to decimate the herd.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken

As a non resident PA hunter I know I pay more but I can understand both sides of the issue. In some area's there are plenty of deer, in others the hr have just flat out decimated the herd, 2G for example has lost the first few days of the rifle season to a buck only restriction. Is that due to the hr, partly yes, but I also feel that it is more due to the greed of the hunters. when 1 buck tag and two does tags aren't enough some feel that it is ok to get doe tags for themselves, their wife and their kids. Other's just flat out reuse their doe tag. To me that is poaching. Fortunately I have had the privilege to hunt a friend's private land the last few years and have been able to fill at least one tag the last few years. Other's that don't have that are limited to hunting state land as I had to before this private land became available. Personally I think an earn a buck system should be implemented. That is just my opinion but I feel that it is more realistic than issuing thousands of extra doe tags to decimate the herd.
Wow did you hit the target on the Greed. I have seen one group fill pickup trucks full in a day of huge drives in the past. But I think a earn a doe program would be better. Or even one deer per hunter ONLY. Either a buck or a doe only. UNO per person And a doe permit bought at the store. Doe tag 50.00
Old 04-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Banned

Hmm. Fair? I support a fee increase if and only if responsible changes are made...Which should I pick?? I dont support an increase as is, so cannot pick 1. Number 2 sounds like the same damn thing support it with no change made (basically support it,but sit and pout quietly). And I cannot pick 3, because im not against a fee increase no matter what! I guess I wont vote.

Thankfully in reality we hunters can voice our opinions to legislators and actually have reasonable options.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

Hmm. Fair? I support a fee increase if and only if responsible changes are made...Which should I pick?? I dont support an increase as is, so cannot pick 1. Number 2 sounds like the same damn thing support it with no change made (basically support it,but sit and pout quietly). And I cannot pick 3, because im not against a fee increase no matter what! I guess I wont vote.

Thankfully in reality we hunters can voice our opinions to legislators and actually have reasonable options.
The options are every bit as reasonable as the choices in your poll. Neither one was created objectively. This one was created to provide balance to the biased poll you created and whattya know, the results are just what would be expected for both. LOL!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Banned

Not even close. Your choices are rediculous and intended to get one result. Typical pgc supporterb.s.

You had options on mine. You know darn well the hunters of pa who are against a fee increase, most would not be if changes were made. Thats not even an option on your list. Not supporting at all would mean even if they made responsible changes you still wouldnt support.Doesnt make sense not to even give a choice to the viewpoint of most of the hunters of Pa! NOT supporting an increase IS an option realistically. Yet you DIDNT give it as one on your poll. I on the other hand left out no option.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Banned

"the results are just what would be expected for both."

Not hardly. I count about the same amount of votes FOR increase on both... Yet those against on one did not yet vote on the other.

And as I said, here i am stuck with no option, so no vote. Wonder if others chose to ignore it as well?? I guarantee you it wasnt the ones who SUPPORT increase with NO CONDITIONS, as they had an option....in fact, the same onegiven twice...! LMAO!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

There was no choice for many of us on your poll.

Objectivity seems as elusive to you as a 2.5 year old buck

BTW, as far as participation, as of this post, your poll, started yesterday,had 201 hits and 20 votes. This one started today and had 101 hits and 10 votes. Participation is about as equal as it gets.

Both polls could be made more objective by adding one more choice and the results are working out in support of that idea.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Banned

There was no good option on your poll. The best was purposely left off. "I do not support a fee increase until changes are made". Thats exactly why the fee increase is being held up by legislators, yet you dont even give the option to support the actions taken! LMAO!!

There was an option for ANYONE on mine. If you "didnt always agree with pgc"BUT still support the fee increase without any changes, then you pick I SUPPORT A FEE INCREASE. Because even if you claim not to like this that or the other...yet still support it...Your are doing so UNCONDITIONALLY ANYWAY!! You may be the most twistin' sob Ive ever seen in my life! LOL
Old 04-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

There was no good option on your poll. The best was purposely left off. "I do not support a fee increase until changes are made". Thats exactly why the fee increase is being held up by legislators, yet you dont even give the option to support the actions taken! LMAO!!

There was an option for ANYONE on mine. If you "didnt always agree with pgc"BUT still support the fee increase without any changes, then you pick I SUPPORT A FEE INCREASE. Because even if you claim not to like this that or the other...yet still support it...Your are doing so UNCONDITIONALLY ANYWAY!! You may be the most twistin' sob Ive ever seen in my life! LOL
You left out a best choice on your pollas well. You left out: I support a license increase now but feel certain things need to be addressed as we move forward without tha blackmailor something along that line. Your choice of "I support an increase no matter what the PGC does" is just as ridiculous for many as the choice I left you.

Talk about twistin SOB's. All I did was twist back in kind for what you posted and now your panties are in a bunch again.

Don't go away mad! But a time out may be in order before you work your way into another full scale tantrum.

Quick Reply: Pa license increase

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.