Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Does This Sound Familiar >

Does This Sound Familiar

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Does This Sound Familiar

Old 02-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does This Sound Familiar

You didn't venture a guess so you don't get an answer just yet. I just posted the point , but you may have been making your post at the same time.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok i see point my guess was 28 and 30 but you said btb wasnt close so iguess i play your game
and wait a week or sothen come back and see if you gave out the answer
Old 02-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh yeah, decisions and policies utilizedbefore 1980 are something that would really fit now.

Lets see before 1980....

Jimmy Carter was elected[:'(]

We waited in lines 20 deep for 3 bucks worth of gas[:'(]

We helped put Sadam Hussein and Bin Laden in power[:'(]

We ran out of Vietnam after grinding up 50,000 brave young men for nothing[:'(]

Oh and wehad a deer management style that put a maximum sustained body count as theonly realgoal[:'(]
Old 02-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you even bother to read the quote? Did you note they were using the same basic criteria that the PGC is using today?
Old 02-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Did you even bother to read the quote? Did you note they were using the same basic criteria that the PGC is using today?
I read all the quotes including this one

Actually , it is very important since it demonstrates how the PGC went from an agency concerned about the interest of hunters to an agency that has changed it's priorities to satisfy DCNR and the timber industry.
Which is what the response was directed toward. We all know that there has been a shift from one of Maximum sustained yeild to an RDD optimal sustained yeild. The terminology to justify both is similar but they are very different management styles
Old 02-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

We all know that there has been a shift from one of Maximum sustained yeild to an RDD optimal sustained yeild. The terminology to justify both is similar but they are very different management styles
I doubt that even 1% of the hunters know that change has occurred and I doubt that 10% of those on this MB know what the RRD optimal sustained yield is based on. But, the fact remains that the change was based on the political pressure exerted by DCNR and the timber industry and it is totally subjective and not in the best interest of hunters or the deer herd.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not surprised that you minimize the ability of PA's hunters and the members of this board to understand deer management given that you thinkDr James Kroll doen't even understand it.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

I'm not surprised that you minimize the ability of PA's hunters and the members of this board to understand deer management given that you thinkDr James Kroll doen't even understand it.
of Maximum sustained yeild to an RDD optimal sustained yeild.

Here is an example of why I said that. RDD is not the optimal sustainable yield as you claimed. RDD standards for the relative deer density, not the optimal sustainable yield.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think it has something to do with a 5 % drop in breathing rates,and that is directly tied to the failed attempts in the past to educate PA hunters about how little we really know about breathing and its affects on our habitat,stable and constant breathing is a goal we should all strive for,not just for ourselves but for future breathers as well.[&:]
Old 02-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

BB doesnt understand that the breathing rate samples shifted in emphasisto the Marcellus shale shelffrom the non marcellus areas so the drop in breathing rates is really not a drop because the gasses away from the Marcellus are easier to breathe so the breathing rates most likely actually increased

Quick Reply: Does This Sound Familiar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.