Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Does This Sound Familiar >

Does This Sound Familiar

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Does This Sound Familiar

Old 02-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Does This Sound Familiar

Can anyone guess when the PGC made this statement.
An antlerless season was held in 19XX and again 19XX. License allocations were predicated on trends in the antlered deer season,crop damage ,winter mortality,highway mortality , range conditions and the reproductive capacity of the herd.

It is gratifying to enlighten sportsman,farmers ,foresters and game managers to see that the commissions policy is bringing back some of the heavily overbrowsed areas..that range conditions are improving and crop damage is decreasing...all indications that the basic premise of the deer program( that is maintaining maximum breeding stock consistent with existing food supply) is paying dividends
Old 02-23-2009, 02:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Does This Sound Familiar

I'm stumped. On one hand, I want to say it was during the bonus tag years. It had to be before the PGC stopped counting roadkills and turned that chore over to PennDot. But yet, when they say "An antlerless season was held in 19XX and again 19XX" it almost sounds like it was during a period of time when there was no doe season.

I'll be damned if I'm digging out the books. Clue me in please.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

The last time the PGC make a major change in how our deer are managed was in 1980 when they established the OWDD goals that were used until 2003. The quote I posted was prior to 1980.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

All I remember that in the 60s and 70s I was seeing around 100 deer a day when hunting.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe you could insert 1928 and 1938 into the statement where the yrears are x'd out
Old 02-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Can anyone guess when the PGC made this statement.
An antlerless season was held in 19XX and again 19XX. License allocations were predicated on trends in the antlered deer season,crop damage ,winter mortality,highway mortality , range conditions and the reproductive capacity of the herd.

It is gratifying to enlighten sportsman,farmers ,foresters and game managers to see that the commissions policy is bringing back some of the heavily overbrowsed areas..that range conditions are improving and crop damage is decreasing...all indications that the basic premise of the deer program( that is maintaining maximum breeding stock consistent with existing food supply) is paying dividends
I believe we can use 1905 an 1913 also!

Old 02-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

I believe you could insert 1928 and 1938 into the statement where the yrears are x'd out
Not even close!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

It was just a guess. Not particularly important considering that you've said that the quote is at least 30 years old.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually , it is very important since it demonstrates how the PGC went from an agency concerned about the interest of hunters to an agency that has changed it's priorities to satisfy DCNR and the timber industry.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

so when was it and the point is?

Quick Reply: Does This Sound Familiar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.