Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Some nice bucks (pic) >

Some nice bucks (pic)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Some nice bucks (pic)

Old 02-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Some nice bucks (pic)

Some more nice bucks.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

Never mind.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will venture an OPINION though. 2007's horrible weather probably saved some bucks that aged another year and this years (2008) great conditions probably helped bump the harvest to a better than average number including some of those leftover bucks from last year.
On that we can agree.0
It is interesting though how you claimed that the horrible weather of 2007 was not significant but now the great conditions for 2008 somehow are significant.
I didn't question if the weather decreased the buck harvest the first 2 days of the 2007 season. I questioned why if the doe harvest made up for the decrease later in the season, why the buck harvest wasn't effected the same way. the 2008 harvest data will resolve some of these questions.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

That is the first I have seen that picture so I don’t have any specific information about the bucks in the back of the truck at that time. But, I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to find out that they were all from unit 2G. When I was at that shop a few weeks ago he already had close to four hundred bucks in more still trickling in every day.
That taxidermist told me that the best buck he had in his shop from 2008 came out of unit 2G though the rack wasn’t there at the time, as many hunters take the antlers with them to show to friend or have them scored until the taxidermist calls and needs them back to mount on the head.

I took a few pictures while I was there of the rows of racks hanging in the shop. There two rooms filled with racks hanging from the ceiling so I took a picture of each room. This taxidermist gets most of his work from units 2G, 2F, 2D and 2E though there will be a few from other parts of the state as well.

And now the pictures:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s141/RBODENHORN/099.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s141/RBODENHORN/100.jpg

A couple that had just come in that day:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s141/RBODENHORN/101.jpg

Sometime later this year I will have the number of bucks, the average points and spread of the bucks plus the ages from most of the bucks in his shop.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 02-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Spike

Wonder what counties these boys were taken in maybe the S.W.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Spike

Wonder what Cos of the state these bad boys were taken in. Maybe the S.W.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sometime later this year I will have the number of bucks, the average points and spread of the bucks plus the ages from most of the bucks in his shop.

When will the PGC provide the data that get from their annual survey of deer processors? If the data supported what you are reporting it would be trumpeted as a huge success of ARs.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

When will the PGC provide the data that get from their annual survey of deer processors? If the data supported what you are reporting it would be trumpeted as a huge success of ARs.

I don’t know when any particular data might be released. But, antler restrictions are already known to be a success in most areas of the state and have ever increasing hunter support.

Some still don’t like them, but independently done surveys, conducted by professional poll takers, proved the disgruntled are in the minority. That seems to match what I hear in the field when talking with hunters, too. I almost never hear anything negative about the antler restrictions even from hunters complaining about not enough deer.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 02-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: R.S.B.

That is the first I have seen that picture so I don’t have any specific information about the bucks in the back of the truck at that time. But, I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to find out that they were all from unit 2G. When I was at that shop a few weeks ago he already had close to four hundred bucks in more still trickling in every day.
That taxidermist told me that the best buck he had in his shop from 2008 came out of unit 2G though the rack wasn’t there at the time, as many hunters take the antlers with them to show to friend or have them scored until the taxidermist calls and needs them back to mount on the head.

I took a few pictures while I was there of the rows of racks hanging in the shop. There two rooms filled with racks hanging from the ceiling so I took a picture of each room. This taxidermist gets most of his work from units 2G, 2F, 2D and 2E though there will be a few from other parts of the state as well.

And now the pictures:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s141/RBODENHORN/099.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s141/RBODENHORN/100.jpg

A couple that had just come in that day:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s141/RBODENHORN/101.jpg

R.S. Bodenhorn
Those are some good racks. I have two buddies that operate
taxidermy shops. Plain and simple.Starting the third year of AR's, their business has picked up for big buck mounts.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: lost horn

Some more nice bucks.
Let us guess. Shot for crop damage in 2g? Just Kidding LOL.
That's a heap load of rocking chairs!!

Quick Reply: Some nice bucks (pic)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.