Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Backdoor attempt to legalize baiting in PA? >

Backdoor attempt to legalize baiting in PA?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Backdoor attempt to legalize baiting in PA?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Backdoor attempt to legalize baiting in PA?

Once again you show where the PAGC's priorities lie. You didn't mention further decimation of our already overly reduced deer herd, instead you express concern over the turkey and bear populations. Both of which are increasing each year while deer decrease. Enough Said!

Apparently you either missed the very first sentence or you are just so closed minded that you can’t see anything but conspiracies where clearly none exist.

Here is my very first sentence concerning baiting, it is all about how it will adversely affect deer populations in many areas.

“Baiting probably might not have a great impact on deer populations in some areas but it would in others. I have caught a lot of people killing deer over bait and I know darn well that it can be very affective in many types of deer hunting situations.”

Further more, the Game Commission has always been apposed to baiting deer or anything else, except coyotes (statewide) and deer in one of the special regulations areas where hunter access is a major problem toward hunters being able to harvest enough deer. The very reason they are apposed is to prevent the potential for both over harvest and the spread ofor increased potential for disease transmission.

That ship has sailed. When "wild" pheasants did live in PA it has always been in areas that surrounds or is in or nearby farmland. How is bait going to affect the populations of a species that lives on farmland where food is in abundance. Your (PAGC) stocked pheasants are slaughtered without bait, what good would baiting do when the only birds we have are coming from a stock truck and released during season in front of the hunters waiting to hunt them. I feel your pheasant program is a huge misallocation of money, there is no end for the need to stock in sight. You aren't reestablishing a wild population just sticking pen raised birds out into your fields that haven't been planted with food for these pheasants to feed and survive if they escape hunters, hawks, foxes and cats. What is the goal here??? And you say the transition from game only to fish and game won't be an easy one. You are doing exactly what the Fish Commission does in regard to stocking, Actually the fish Commission is producing more of a wild population of fish than the PAGC is with the pheasants.

You obviously don’t know much of anything about the past and current wild pheasant reintroduction efforts occurring within this state.

There are three areas of this state where wild pheasants have been brought in from the Midwest, released, tracked and monitored. It appears to be very promising. Those birds, and that entire effort to bring wild pheasants back to this state, could easily be eliminated through the legalization of hunting over bait.

The statewide pheasant season just ended last Saturday but I have been seeing dozens of pheasants right here in Elk County, (yes we have some great pheasant hunting in this area with plenty of birds left after the stocking ends) as they came into residential bird feeders to find food during these periods of deep snow. Some of those birds survive to reproduce every year. But, they wouldn’t if those people shot them when they came in to eat at the bird feeders during the winter periods when they are still in season.

I guess some hunters want to be able to use bait on public lands in some areas where the PAGC has killed off the deer. Maybe the mindset is- "If I put bait out maybe I will see a deer this week"

I want you to know I have nothing personal against you R.S.B. I just express how I feel about our game commission. As far as your question of who will manage the game if the PAGC ceases to exist? I don't care who it is. They won't do any worse for the hunters than the PAGC has as of lately. We will be hunting for years to come, few if any of us will be alive to see the day hunting is no longer legal, so as far as you guys fighting for our right to hunt... My money goes to the NRA and always will. The NRA has done more for us hunters than the PAGC ever will.

You are entitled to your opinions.

I agree that hunting will probably be around for a good while yet, but I believe it has a better chance for the future with the Game Commission and those in support of scientific wildlife management then is has from following and supporting these constantly attacking those principles because they refuse to be educated or objective about the issues.

R.S. Bodenhorn

Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Baiting would be a nightmare in the northern tier,especially in the late season,where food is scarce.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Banned

As far as your question of who will manage the game if the PAGC ceases to exist? I don't care who it is. They won't do any worse for the hunters than the PAGC has as of lately
AMEN TO THAT!!!

Once again you show where the PAGC's priorities lie. You didn't mention further decimation of our already overly reduced deer herd,
Exactly, and even in his last rebuttal he STILL was very noncaring about the potential harm to DEER. Fact is the environmentalists have extreme beliefs. Beliefs that the more deer dead the better. And RSB believes you CANNOT overharvest the deer herd, which is UTTERLY REDICULOUS!!!![:'(]
Old 02-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Only a complete brain dead idiot would read this......

original R.S.B.:

“Baiting probably might not have a great impact on deer populations in some areas but it would in others. I have caught a lot of people killing deer over bait and I know darn well that it can be very affective in many types of deer hunting situations.”
and from reading the above, conclude this.........

orignal Cornelius08:
Exactly, and even in his last rebuttal he STILL was very noncaring about the potential harm to DEER. Fact is the environmentalists have extreme beliefs. Beliefs that the more deer dead the better. And RSB believes you CANNOT overharvest the deer herd, which is UTTERLY REDICULOUS!!!![:'(]
Old 02-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

kinda corny of corny
Old 02-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Banned

Corny? Not hardly bowtruck: "Baiting probably might not have a great impact on deer populations in some areas " Really strong statement after at first NOT EVEN MAKING MENTION of it untilbeing pointed out that he didnt...(LOL)[:'(] Real genuine, real strong concern! (LOL)

Compare that to his genuinely stated much greaterconcernof basically wiping out the bear, the turkey, the pheasant etc.

Not hard to read between those lines. Especially when the person who is making the comment is well known for his extremism and antideer rhetoric.

I am against baiting. Nearly as much as I am against treehugging wcos.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

kinda corny of corny
I guess we shouldn't be so hard on old Cornelius

He actually reads pretty good for his kind!!
Old 02-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

The statewide pheasant season just ended last Saturday but I have been seeing dozens of pheasants right here in Elk County, (yes we have some great pheasant hunting in this area with plenty of birds left after the stocking ends) as they came into residential bird feeders to find food during these periods of deep snow. Some of those birds survive to reproduce every year. But, they wouldn’t if those people shot them when they came in to eat at the bird feeders during the winter periods when they are still in season.
Can you explain why the stocked pheasants survive the severe winters in Elk and reproduce in the spring when the stocked pheasants in 5 C with mild winters and prime farmland and pheasant habitat fail to survive and produce broods?
Old 02-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats easy bb the breeding bla bla bla reduced bla bla ars bla bla 2g 2f bla bla bla and dont forget the data bla bla
lied bla bla
Old 02-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just what did you hope to accomplish with that childish and unintelligible post? RSB claims that deer and turkey can't survive the severe winters in 2G but pheasants can survive because of bird feeders, yet feeding deer is not a good idea according to RSB.

Quick Reply: Backdoor attempt to legalize baiting in PA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.