Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 REWARDS FOR DOE IN PA. >

REWARDS FOR DOE IN PA.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

REWARDS FOR DOE IN PA.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: REWARDS FOR DOE IN PA.

ORIGINAL: DougE

What the heck,isn't the USP offering up a $10,000 reward for any mountain lions shot?
You like to point to the 8% harvest rate in the study as an indication that hunters aren't harvesting enough deer to reduce the herd. However, the only reason they are offering a reward is so they get some data that comes closer to representing what is really happening.

Now here are the cold facts. From 2004 to 2007 the harvests in 4B reduced the PS DD from 23 DPSM to 18 DPSM and the herd in 2G dropped from 16 PS in 2004 to 10 PS DPSM in 2007. Therefore, the results form the doe survival study are highly flawed and the PGC is trying to correct that by offering a reward.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

What the heck,isn't the USP offering up a $10,000 reward for any mountain lions shot?
You like to point to the 8% harvest rate in the study as an indication that hunters aren't harvesting enough deer to reduce the herd. However, the only reason they are offering a reward is so they get some data that comes closer to representing what is really happening.

Now here are the cold facts. From 2004 to 2007 the harvests in 4B reduced the PS DD from 23 DPSM to 18 DPSM and the herd in 2G dropped from 16 PS in 2004 to 10 PS DPSM in 2007. Therefore, the results form the doe survival study are highly flawed and the PGC is trying to correct that by offering a reward.
here is sprouls DPSM for 2009 in clinton county,4
Old 02-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

then my guess is sprouls area wont get to many rewards
Old 02-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just like Babblebird to find a way to criticize an attempt to produce more accurate results to a study.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

then my guess is sprouls area wont get to many rewards

i think they may do study in same areas as before.

dont think for minute that localDCNR boys will not know where everyone of those doe are,they are making plans now for early in-line season to get that money.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Just like Babblebird to find a way to criticize an attempt to produce more accurate results to a study.
Wrong again. I didn't criticize the attempt to produce more accurate results. I simply pointed out the reason why it was necessary to offer the rewards and how wrong DougE and RSB were when they used the study to show claim the harvests weren't reducing the herd
Old 02-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

Mostly "just goes to show" the kind of things you think are funny,may only befunny to you and others that share yourviews.

Doubt most would think the loss of an expensive monitoring collar bought with our license dollars, isa laughing matter. Then again,theclown that put it on the truck probablythought it was as funny as you do?
Old 02-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Banned

Old 02-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Banned

You're worried about that "expensive" collar? Well I dont think blowingMILLIONS through the last several yearson "pushing agendas" and blowing cash on trying to brainwash us with habitat tours, hiring biodiversity nut biologists, pamphlets, online resources, open houses, videosand other nonsense is very funny either, but such is life.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

You're worried about that "expensive" collar? Well I dont think blowingMILLIONS through the last several yearson "pushing agendas" and blowing cash on trying to brainwash us with habitat tours, hiring biodiversity nut biologists, pamphlets, online resources, open houses, videosand other nonsense is very funny either, but such is life.

Quick Reply: REWARDS FOR DOE IN PA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.