Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 How should Wildlife Management be funded? >

How should Wildlife Management be funded?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How should Wildlife Management be funded?

Old 02-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How should Wildlife Management be funded?

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

WCO is not always right.or should i say, ALLOWED TO TELL IT LIKE IT IS.

hey, they are human, they can and will walk talk.if they dont, they wont be around long.
If RSB can't tell the truth because of his position with the PGC then he shouldn't post false and misleading information in an attempt to mislead the hunters of PA. The PGC has a public relations expert to handle that task.
his info for most part seems to be able to back-up his facts.

so, for most part, i feel he is giving us good info BUT i still have to be shownthat the habitat is what is causing less fawns in clinton county.

i think the fawn study showed it was PREDATORS, i did not read it but i should.

when you see SGL and has best habitat and very few deer, something is wrong, it canted be habitat, can it?

when RSB says he sees lots of deer on a SGL and we dont hunt WAYBACK, i dont believe that when BTB even says that very few deer on SGL.

this is where him and me tangle, he sees deer, i dont.

he feels 12 deer along road is lot so must be 100 WAYBACK.

i dont.

is he fibbing,he should know more than us as its HIS LIVING .

so, other things MUST influence all of us , we all have agenda at times.

we are very lucky him and rwj come on here and you and others too,hey, i learned a few things here too.

it would be great loss if anything or anybody stopped coming on here.

if so, their best place to go would be to the DASTERLY HUNTINGPA FORUM.

over there, you get real TRUTH on deer situation
Old 02-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wrong again! You said that Kroll didnt' understand the results of his own research. That is not only arrogant it is simply clueless and delusional.
Maybe Kroll did understand the results from his study , but just presented the results in a way to support his QDMA agenda, while ignoring the fact that his study supported the reports of high grading in Miss.
Wrong again, again! As for agreeing with the Texas research, you have flatly stated over and over that you support NO AR program.
That is a flat out lie. I never make the blanket statement that I didn't support any AR plan. I would support a plan that was biologically sound and suitable for a state with over 900K hunters.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is flat out wrong and I listed at least six claims he made that were flat out false and impossible to achieve . He still blames hunters for preventing the PGC from controlling the herd , even though he also said the PGC has been controlling the herd for the past 20 years
quote:

Winter deer mortality isn’t the biggest deer reduction factor of concern any more though. With the deer management programs of the past several decades we have managed to keep deer numbers close enough to the over carrying capacity as to avoid major winter mortality. Now the real and most factor that limits future deer numbers following hard winters is the reduced fawn survival rates that occur when the does don’t get enough both winter and spring nutrition. When they don’t get enough food their fawns are born under weight and many of them (some studies have shown as high as nearly 93%) die within just a few days of being born.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe Kroll did understand the results from his study , but just presented the results in a way to support his QDMA agenda, while ignoring the fact that his study supported the reports of high grading in Miss.
So now you've backed off the statement you made before when you stated that he didn't undertstand his own research??? ARe you now simply calling Kroll a liar too?

That is a flat out lie. I never make the blanket statement that I didn't support any AR plan. I would support a plan that was biologically sound and suitable for a state with over 900K hunters.
Oh really? And what plan is that? I have not seen you support any AR other than the old failed policy of a 3" spike on one side. Surely you don't want PA to return to that do you?
Old 02-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is flat out wrong and I listed at least six claims he made that were flat out false and impossible to achieve . He still blames hunters for preventing the PGC from controlling the herd , even though he also said the PGC has been controlling the herd for the past 20 years
quote:

Winter deer mortality isn’t the biggest deer reduction factor of concern any more though. With the deer management programs of the past several decades we have managed to keep deer numbers close enough to the over carrying capacity as to avoid major winter mortality. Now the real and most factor that limits future deer numbers following hard winters is the reduced fawn survival rates that occur when the does don’t get enough both winter and spring nutrition. When they don’t get enough food their fawns are born under weight and many of them (some studies have shown as high as nearly 93%) die within just a few days of being born.
i know he says its HABITAT for reasons of no fawns.

i come back and say,WHY IS THERE VERY FEW IF ANY DEER ON SGL LAND IN PA WITH BEST HABITAT.

is good habitat also killer of fawns?
Old 02-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

So now you've backed off the statement you made before when you stated that he didn't undertstand his own research??? ARe you now simply calling Kroll a liar too?
Maybe I should have said Kroll did not understand the significance of the results from his study. He chose to emphasize the fact that culling 1.5 spikes doesn't accomplish anything,while ignoring the fact that his study supported the high grading theory in Miss., which he falsely represented in the article. kroll didn't lie , he just presented the data in a very biased manner in order to support his agenda.
Oh really? And what plan is that? I have not seen you support any AR other than the old failed policy of a 3" spike on one side. Surely you don't want PA to return to that do you?

Please explain why the 3" spike rule was a failed policy. It produced a harvest of more 2.5+ buck in 2002 than we harvested in 2007.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

because they were shot sproul
Old 02-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

because they were shot sproul
And that is the reason for the low fawn recruitment in 2G and I can't understand why Sroul would believe anything RSB says since RSB obviously has a hard time telling the truth.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe I should have said Kroll did not understand the significance of the results from his study. He chose to emphasize the fact that culling 1.5 spikes doesn't accomplish anything,while ignoring the fact that his study supported the high grading theory in Miss., which he falsely represented in the article. kroll didn't lie , he just presented the data in a very biased manner in order to support his agenda.

Please explain why the 3" spike rule was a failed policy. It produced a harvest of more 2.5+ buck in 2002 than we harvested in 2007.
I think RSB summed it up best when he said that you had us fooled into thinking that you were a person of above average intelligence with a personal agenda and a penchant for manipulating the facts. I now agree with RSB that we were giving you far too much credit for your IQ

I'm beginning to agree that you really believe the nonsense you post and that you really do think you know more than a few dozen PHD wildlife biologists

The fact that you want the 3 inch spike rules back combined with the fact that you admitted that you have a hard time seeing deer these days certainly supports the notion that your agenda is purely personal
Old 02-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

I now agree with RSB. What a joke, I've never seen you disagree with anything he says. You are of the biggest suck ups I've ever seen, no wonder you hide behind that mountain man beard.

At one time there was AR of two to a side, it was changed back to 3" spike. You really don't know much, no wonder your a tree hugger and think anyone with a college degree is some kind of expert.

Quick Reply: How should Wildlife Management be funded?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.