Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 SPROULS PREDICTION ON HUNTING >

SPROULS PREDICTION ON HUNTING

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

SPROULS PREDICTION ON HUNTING

Old 01-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default SPROULS PREDICTION ON HUNTING

i was dreaming last night ,what could possibly the PGC/DCNR do in future to really wipe deer out once and for all.[:@]

now they are looking at crossbows for all seasons and in-lines for late flintlock season.

already you can use your in-line and rifle for 1 week in oct archery season,now here comes crossbow.

here is what i feel WILL HAPPEN.

you will be flooded with,WE ARE LOSING HUNTERS, WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING,PETA IS WINNING, COM,ON HUNTERS LETS GET WITH IT.

WE MUST DO SOMETHING FAST

well, here is my prediction.

you will be able to use ANY weapon from first of archery to end of the late muzzleloader season.

crossbows, recurves, compounds will all be put in attic.

in-lines/flintlocks will see reduced use.

rifle will be what is used from archery to late muzzleloader.

you will have 5 months to hunt for deer with ANY WEAPON.[:@]

dont think for minute its not being looked at, the way it will happen is how its being done now, let 1 week of gun in archery, then 2 weeks, then 3 weeks,you get my point.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SPROULS PREDICTION ON HUNTING

That's some dream ya had there Sproul.

Personally, unless the people at the PGC are completely insane, I doubt you'll ever see the demise of our Archery Only season. Think about it this way. It's obvious that the hunting industry has a major influence on our hunting, here and in every state for that matter. How many rifle hunts vs. bowhunts do we see on TV? With the exception of the western hunts, 99% of the whitetail hunts on TV are with a bow. And, to add to that, how many are with a crossbow? I don't remember the last time I watched a crossbow hunt. I don't think the appeal is there for most people.

Sure, there is going to be a lot of people using a crossbow just because its an easy way into the archery season. That is what worries me more than anything. I certainly don't want to see it happen.

But, there is just not a lot going for crossbows as a whole. No weekend 3D shoots with them, no indoor leagues with them, etc. Who in the heck would want one really?
Old 01-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

That's some dream ya had there Sproul.

Personally, unless the people at the PGC are completely insane, I doubt you'll ever see the demise of our Archery Only season. Think about it this way. It's obvious that the hunting industry has a major influence on our hunting, here and in every state for that matter. How many rifle hunts vs. bowhunts do we see on TV? With the exception of the western hunts, 99% of the whitetail hunts on TV are with a bow. And, to add to that, how many are with a crossbow? I don't remember the last time I watched a crossbow hunt. I don't think the appeal is there for most people.

Sure, there is going to be a lot of people using a crossbow just because its an easy way into the archery season. That is what worries me more than anything. I certainly don't want to see it happen.

But, there is just not a lot going for crossbows as a whole. No weekend 3D shoots with them, no indoor leagues with them, etc. Who in the heck would want one really?

muzz, they will use the WE ARE LOSING HUNTERS THING to get it thru.

right now a lot of hunters are not getting a deer ,let alone a buck.

they say,THOSE ARCHERY HUNTERS ARE GETTING THE DEER AHEAD OF US, THATS NOT RIGHT.i hear it all time too.

THEN YOU HAVE A pgc/dcnr THATS WANTS more money and DCNR wants deer killed off so their trees can grow for birds.

will it happen,I BET IT WILL AND WILL SLOWLY BE ADDING IT IN ARCHERY

Old 01-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sproul, you weren't dreaming. I said that last week. You read my post and it is echoing around in your head. Don't smash your monitor!
Old 01-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Sproul, you weren't dreaming. I said that last week. You read my post and it is echoing around in your head. Don't smash your monitor!

sorry, it was BAD dream i had, woke me right up,i thought for minute that DOUGE was standing there with his DCNR shirt on and matching hat with a clipboard in his hand taking notes and saying,SPROUL YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:50 AM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: livbucks

sorry, it was BAD dream i had, woke me right up,i thought for minute that DOUGE was standing there with his DCNR shirt on and matching hat with a clipboard in his hand taking notes and saying,SPROUL YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.
roflmfao that is a nightmare.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

I've dreamt of getting a huge PA deer many times, so far the reality has escaped me. [8D]

My buddy shot this monster 4 seasons ago though, the deer was huge.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: WestVirginiaBrent

I've dreamt of getting a huge PA deer many times, so far the reality has escaped me. [8D]

My buddy shot this monster 4 seasons ago though, the deer was huge.

your buddy just short. its called an illusion.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Illusion your hiney...that is a 13 course foundation...over 9 feet to the joists.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

sroul thats some nightmare they wont do away with arch b/c its a extra 15 a person
and if you llook at the wall thats a long deer

Quick Reply: SPROULS PREDICTION ON HUNTING

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.