Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 ARs= The Survival of the Weak and Scrawny >

ARs= The Survival of the Weak and Scrawny

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ARs= The Survival of the Weak and Scrawny

Old 01-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ARs= The Survival of the Weak and Scrawny

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

Ha ha ha. Nice to accept crap and pgc mismanagement when you have a good spot in Illinois to ahem..."hunt". (LOL)

My lil' 7 year old nephew could kill a decent buck in Illinois! (LOL)(LOL)
read it again slower skippy. Two of those are from PA
Old 01-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

And anyone that knows anything about aging deer,knows that tooth wear is inaccurate after 2.5 years. In order to determine the age of a 5.5 buck it is necessary to examine a cross section of a tooth.

Do Tex. deer teeth age the same way as PA deer? how about Miss. deer? do their antlers grow based on the same principles?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tooth wear is an accepted method of ESTIMATING age. Not perfect but still used by game agencies across the country. You're really grasping at straws arent you???
Old 01-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wrong again sport. Tooth wear has been rejected as an acceptable method for aging buck older than 2.5 yrs.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

What part of

"not perfect but still used by game agencies across the country"

and "estimate"

didn't you understand?
Old 01-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

So you admit the buck you claimed to be 5.5 was just an estimate or a guess ,just like the PGC harvest data . So what was the margin of error on that guess ? was it two or three years/
Old 01-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Since you don't know the difference, I got you some help from Webster...

1guess
Pronunciation:
\ˈges\
Function:
verb
Etymology:
Middle English gessen, perhaps of Scandinavian origin; akin to Norwegian & Swedish gissa to guess, Middle Dutch gissen, gessen, Old Norse geta to get, guess — more at get
Date:
14th century
transitive verb 1 : to form an opinion of from little or no evidence 2 : believe , suppose <I guess you're right> 3 : to arrive at a correct conclusion about by conjecture, chance, or intuition <guess the answer> intransitive verb : to make a guess
[/align][/align][/align]
[/align]
1es·ti·mate [/align]Pronunciation:
\ˈes-tə-ˌmāt\
Function:
transitive verb
Inflected Form(s):
es·ti·mat·ed; es·ti·mat·ing
Etymology:
Latin aestimatus, past participle of aestimare to value, estimate
Date:
circa 1532
1archaic a: esteem b: appraise2 a: to judge tentatively or approximately the value, worth, or significance of b: to determine roughly the size, extent, or nature of c: to produce a statement of the approximate cost of3: judge , conclude[/align]— es·ti·ma·tive \-ˌmā-tiv\ adjective [/align]synonyms estimate , appraise , evaluate , value , rate , assess mean to judge something with respect to its worth or significance. estimate implies a judgment, considered or casual, that precedes or takes the place of actual measuring or counting or testing out <estimated the crowd at two hundred>. appraise commonly implies the fixing by an expert of the monetary worth of a thing, but it may be used of any critical judgment <having their house appraised>. evaluate suggests an attempt to determine relative or intrinsic worth in terms other than monetary <evaluate a student's work>. value equals appraise but without implying expertness of judgment <a watercolor valued by the donor at $500>. rate adds to estimate the notion of placing a thing according to a scale of values <a highly rated restaurant>. assess implies a critical appraisal for the purpose of understanding or interpreting, or as a guide in taking action <officials are trying to assess the damage>.[/align]
[/align]
The margin of error is more like a year at that stage of tooth wear.

I guess you've never needed to age a deer and I probably shouldn't have expected you to know that. I apologize for assuming that you would know about these things.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

The margin of error is more like a year at that stage of tooth wear.
How do you know that? When will you ever provide anything to support your claims? you keep making things up hoping someone will believe something you post. Try again!!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

You're embarassing yourself. Move on.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

btb thats a year either way right?

Quick Reply: ARs= The Survival of the Weak and Scrawny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.