Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Semi autos in PA. >

Semi autos in PA.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Semi autos in PA.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:42 PM

Default Semi autos in PA.

Anyone know if they discussed useing them here for hunting or predator hunting? I use one on my trapline once in a while to dispatch my kills.But anything is legal I believe when it comes to animals in traps and also killing them on sundays. But was this discussed or was a hunter pulling my leg abiout this?
Old 12-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Semi autos in PA.

I don't believe semi-autos are legal for traplines either, but I'm not 100% sure.
To my knowledge no talk of making them legal for use in PA for the general seasons has been brought up either.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: sammy_tat

Anyone know if they discussed useing them here for hunting or predator hunting? I use one on my trapline once in a while to dispatch my kills.But anything is legal I believe when it comes to animals in traps and also killing them on sundays. But was this discussed or was a hunter pulling my leg abiout this?
Semi's are not legal for traplines.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:34 PM

I don't see why not. I seen nothing mentioned about that in the game book. Trapline is different from hunting. I can use a club or choke the animal to death or drowned it to dispatch it. And saying a semi autos are not allowed to dispatch an animal in a trap is ridiculous. I am not hunting the animal.I am dispatching it. Not being a smart arse,but can you show me where it says what I am allowed and not allowed to dispatch animals with that are in a trap?
Hunting,trapping 2 different things.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't see why not. I seen nothing mentioned about that in the game book. Trapline is different from hunting. I can use a club or choke the animal to death or drowned it to dispatch it. And saying a semi autos are not allowed to dispatch an animal in a trap is ridiculous. I am not hunting the animal.I am dispatching it. Not being a smart arse,but can you show me where it says what I am allowed and not allowed to dispatch animals with that are in a trap?
Hunting,trapping 2 different things.

Page 9 in the digest or here's a link...

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/pgc/digestpdfs/2008/7_generalhuntingregulations.pdf

read the first paragraph at the top of the left column under unlawful firearms.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:02 PM

Again, I am trapping and dispatching animals that is in a trap. Am I allowed to snare,club,drowned or chokeother game animalsto death while HUNTING them? NO.Trapping yes.Trapping is not the same as hunting. Them are hunting regulations and not trapping that is displayed.

Read the top of the page. It says HUNTING REGULATIONS.

Then if that was also included for trappers. Then the dispatch of trapped animals with said items or technique would be illegal to use on trapped animals.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Again, I am trapping and dispatching animals that is in a trap. Am I allowed to snare,club,drowned or chokeother game animalsto death while HUNTING them? NO.Trapping yes.Trapping is not the same as hunting. Them are hunting regulations and not trapping that is displayed.

Read the top of the page. It says HUNTING REGULATIONS.

Then if that was also included for trappers. Then the dispatch of trapped animals with said items or technique would be illegal to use on trapped animals.
What was posted was the general regs. The next paragraph down deals with loaded firearms in vehicles, That also applies to trapping. As well as all of the general hunting regs. Semis are not legal for traplines, Call your local WCO or Regional Office.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK then maybe if you read the game code you'll understand:

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=478&q=151077#2301

Read section 23.

2301 includes the use of a trap under the definition of "hunting".

2308 defines unlawful devices and includes semi auto rifles.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:24 PM

Again show me under trapping regs what is legal to dispatch animals with. I don't see clubs or choke or drowning a lawful hunting method.But can be used on trapped animals. Am I allowed to choke,drown,club a animal I am hunting? It is not shown in genral hunting as a tool to use but can be used legally to dispatch trapped animals.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:29 PM

So people who use clubs or drowned their catch or choke an animal are in use of illegal dispatch weapons and ways?

Quick Reply: Semi autos in PA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.