Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa deer season

Old 11-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pa deer season

Looks like we are going to have another rainy ,windy opening day similar to last year, here in the southeast. Looks like I'll be putting roofs on our tree stands over the weekend.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

We hunt the second week of the season in 2G because we don't like crowds. It will be interesting this year to see how our strategy will changebecause of the antlerless seasonchange.

Good luck and safe hunting to all.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Spike

heading up to mercer county on sunday, hopefully theres some snow, good luck and be safe
Old 11-28-2008, 02:22 AM
Typical Buck

NOPE.Just got back from hunting in another state. Seen 17 deer Saturday, 15 0n Sunday,37 on Monday,None on tuesday,bad snow that day,and 11 on wednesday. 9 different buck and a bunch I did n"t ID. I am not going to ruin my year by sitting in the Pa woods and see nothing but orange pumpkins.I seen one other hunter in the woods,way off on my property line.And I only took one deer,Dont want to make it like Pa's deer herd.Spent most my time filling feeders and just veiwing the herds.. Good luck to you all.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: absolut40

Headed to Bradford county monday morning(20 minute drive from my house).I glad some button bucks will be spared til the slaughter starts on saturday.
i am praying that that slaughter does not happen saturday but i bet it will.

i hope not, most i talk to here in western clinton county are fed up with hunting .
Old 11-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Looks like we are going to have another rainy ,windy opening day similar to last year, here in the southeast. Looks like I'll be putting roofs on our tree stands over the weekend.
i dont go out if its nasty with rain,wind, i can take but , rain, no, i will stay at camp,2 weeks to hunt and i dont care if i take a nice buck,i took my share over years and dont get wet doing it.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nope - I got mine back in archery season. I'll be in a nice comfy bed come opening morning think about all you guys out there before dawn. I'll just climb out of bed a bit later, have a leisurely breakfast and take the handgun out and try and harvest a doe.
Good Luck to all of you.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:20 AM
Typical Buck

I Killed my buck in Archery Season but I'll be out there monday mornin with my 8 yr old Son. (Youth Mentor Season) so he can kill a bigger buck than DAD's I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

good luck everyone and be safe
Old 11-30-2008, 06:46 AM

ORIGINAL: MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER

I Killed my buck in Archery Season but I'll be out there monday mornin with my 8 yr old Son. (Youth Mentor Season) so he can kill a bigger buck than DAD's I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Don't forget your camera! I hope he gets one.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd be a lot more excited if I could shoot a doe in myunit.

Quick Reply: Pa deer season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.