Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY.Gun Season

Old 11-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY.Gun Season

Day 3. Sat till 10:30. (had to go to work). Hunted public land down the street, so I could sleep a little longer this morning. Very cold, saw nothing. Found a spot w/ a mess of huge rubs,on the way back to the truck, gonna sit there tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:17 PM

I've been in the stand for a total of 24 hours in the past 3 days and I've only seen one small doe! Pathetic!! I don't know whats going on, but I'm not seeing squat! I'm on vacation for the first 2 weeks of season, so I'll be out there every day. Sure hope things pick up!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

Saw 9 deer at once today 2 small bucks 3 and 5 pt not big enough for the buck tag took the biggest doe of the bunch Meat hunting done time to go rack hunting
Old 11-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Day 4 ,hunted public land again. Sat till about 9, saw a few other hunters, no shots though till 10 am. Did a good amount of walking later in the morning but didnt even kick up a deer.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

My neighbor got a real big rutted up 6 point that crossed through my property to far for me right to him
and nothing at all for me and my dad/uncle...
But as we were riding home monday afternoon we saw like 10 bucks on the back of trucks, it was great being taunted by deer the whole ride home
Old 11-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

I went out saturday morning with very low expectations, weather in the 50s and rain. At about 7:40 I saw a buck sneaking through the saplings, and shortly thereafter he gave me a nice broadside ~50 yard shot. He was on the march when I shot and I ended up hitting him a little farther back then I would have preferred but he only went about 60-70 yards when I heard him pile up. He shrunk a little on the ground but still a nice little buck for my area.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

I know it looks like its dark in the picture but it was about 8 o'clock in the morning when i took the picture. The flash made the background look super dark...cheap digital camera.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

27 hours in the field so far. Sat saw nothing. Sat all day 5:30 am- 5:30 pm. Sunday saw a 3 point chasing a doe. Came 10 yards in front of my blind. Let him go. Saw a doe at 4:45. Again came into my blind about 10 yards. Monday saw nothing. Today saw nothing. I have a huge hay lot behind me divided by a patch of real thick nasty brush and apple orchards in front of me. I have no idea why I'm not seeing deer.[&o]
Old 11-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

I came back yesterday from CNY hunted 7M, 6P and 6K. Was there for about 10 days. Took a spike in 7M with bow-I thought it was a doe as it was near dusk when I shot it. I thenspent alot of time up in 6K where Ipassed on a spike and missed a doe. Spent opening day in 6P saw 1 small doe and lots of water. i didn't go out sunday since my clothes were soaking wet and did not want to get sick as I leave this sat. for saskatchewan to hunt whitetails. My friend lives on the eastern end of oneida lake and I am amazed how you can go several miles north and gun hunt the northern zone or go southbow huntand still make the southern opener for gun. We both decided next year we would concentrate in 6K since we have permission to hunt a 650 acre farm whereas in the south we are confined to small woodlots that are border by other woodlots which are heavily hunted.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:19 AM
Typical Buck

It poured the whole time I waas in the woods. My tree umbrella worked great. I hunted until noon on Saturday and did not see a tail. Normally at camp, we have quit a few deer hanging for the opener. One guy got an 8 point and a doe, that's it. I hope we have better weather this weekend...good luck guys!

Quick Reply: NY.Gun Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.