Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Maryland RUT

Old 11-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Maryland RUT

I wanted to go out today. hurt my left shoulder playing football sunday morning and it wont support my draw back. really sucks cuz i know they are roaming. ill try again in the morning. off til thursday
Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

Been out Sat, Mon, tues morning.
Seen no rutting at all !
They are not chasing, they are not rubbing, scraping, nor polka dancing.
Just very few does feeding through at daylight or dark.

Slack
Old 11-11-2008, 12:13 PM

They are running does pretty hot and heavy in Frederick Co. Saturday morning was great!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Had a bunch of deer running around today. Took my first ever shot with a bow at this doe. I have no idea what happened. I don't know if it hit a limb in flight or if I dropped my arm but that sucker veered 3 feet off course and slammed into the tree next to the doe. I wanted to die. That is the closest I've ever been to tagging a deer with a bow. I hope to get out Friday. I just hope they're still moving around like crazy.

And now I have to go check my bow to make sure it isn't screwed up. I really hope there's nothing wrong with my bow and that it was just me.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

bucks are def chasing does. while driving to my hunting spot in caroline co. i saw a huge buck run a doe into a tiny brush pile in the middle of an unpicked bean field (private land). the brush was at least 300yds from the closest woods. i figured they would hang there for an hr or less. there was only 3 ways they could go and 2 of them was towards public hunting. i parked my truck and waited just inside the spot i figured they were most likely to come to. i watched him laying down behind that pile of brush in the middle of nowhwere for 2.5 hrs. i finally gave up and went into the thickness of the public hunting area and did sum rattling with no results. try again tommorrow afternoon. THE CHASE IS ON!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

I had to go to work today. With rain tomorrow and Friday, hopefully they'll be moving Saturday...if it doesn't rain then too.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

Saxman,
Make sure your lead arm clothing doesn't get caught up in the string.
Hunted Kent County tuesday seen 6 deer in pm with 2 small bucks both looking hard for hot does. Am only 3 Toms and a few foxes
Old 11-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

Found out it was definitely me. I went outback today and shot 1 arrow...dead on. So it was either me getting excited and dropping my arm, or my clothing. I hope it isn't the clothing. It was so cold I needed that heavy coat.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

Arm guard Sax..Nothing gets blood flowing like throwing a shaft at a deer
Old 11-13-2008, 03:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

I thought the bucks were paired up with the does as all we were seeing this week was fawns andsmall yearling does. Then yesterday I had 6 mature does at 20 yrds and a six point to follow. I arrowed the six point as it had an arrow sticking out it's side. I didn't want it as it was small and it was my season ending 2nd buck but I had to take it out. I could just hear the residents talking about the deer with the arrow sticking in it. Bad PR. Turned out to be a crossbow bolt. Complete story is in the bowhunting forum.

Quick Reply: Maryland RUT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.