Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Eastern Shore Posts >

Eastern Shore Posts

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Eastern Shore Posts

Old 11-01-2008, 06:31 PM

Default Eastern Shore Posts

I started a topic last year on this and we had some good luck. Lets try it again!!!!

IF YOUR HUNTING ON THE BEST PIECE OF LAND IN THE WORLD (THE EASTERN SHORE) POST ALL YOUR HUNTING RESULTS AND INFORMATION HERE!!!!

Photos are encouraged. Let us know where you are and what you saw.

I will start...

Did some scouting today in southern Dorchester. Found lots of rubs and scrapes and even a young buck rubbing a tree. The rut has started and good times to come. Buddy of mine killed a 9 pointer that responded to doe scent and bleats.

As far as waterfowl... The geese have moved in but hear the bluebills haven't quite made it yet. Lets hope the warm goes away to keep these birds moving. I mostly hunt in or near the big Choptank.

I will be posting some pics asap. I encourage all you shorebillys out there to do the same.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:57 AM
Spike

Default RE: Eastern Shore Posts

No luck but saw a bunch of sika deer already
Old 11-08-2008, 04:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not fortunate or rich enough to be able to hunt the shore anymore. But when I was I huntedthe Chestertown, Centerville and Gransonville areas.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:11 AM

How bout it Rickmur. I was bornand raised onthe shore and my family has been for generations. I even no plenty of landowners and farmers. Unfortunatly all the good landhas been sold and developed, sold and turned into rsa's for big money clients or is leased out to big money coming from across the bridge. Its a huge struggle for the native shoreman to find a place to hunt himself these days.

I had a nice spot. Myself and a couple others would do all the property maintenance, odds and ends and give the owner a little $$ every year. The property was sold and now the property owners uses it as a summer home and leases thehunting rightsfor such a high price we couldn't even imagine to get it. It was around 100 acres some woods a field or 2 on a creek with a crappyold house and sold for almost a million so buying it was out of the question. My friends andfamily now have touse public land or boat blind sites toget somehunting in. Very few have of our own spots anymore.

On a better note we did geta few ducks out of a blind site today. The ducks didn't fly real well but we got some early. Of course being goose isn't in yet we could not of beat them away with a stick. We could of easily gotten our limit a dozen times. We will see what happens next week its on for them too.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:34 AM

How are you guys doing on the shore? I've only made it in the goose blind3 timesand have limited out twice. I didn't see any deer opening day of gun season. I bought a Kicks High Flyer full choke this year for the geese and WOW what a difference, worth every penny. Next year I'm going to get a modified for ducks.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me and my brother both scored on nice lower shore bucks on opening day

Can't seem to post pic, it shows up when I create the new message but dissappears when I post...
Anyway heres the link:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/Bionicrooster/Hunting/DSCI0110.jpg?t=1228185787

Old 12-02-2008, 02:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here's a few of my shore bucks. This one was my first back in 1975 taken in Denton

This was him, showing his body size. 170lb dresased weight.

This one was a Chestertown area buck

Oh how I wish I had a place over there now living in De.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:31 PM

Hunting public lands sometimes is a pain. I was hunting Monday and another hunter walked 30 yards in front of me. So when I went back up to the trail I was on, I kicked two does up and they ran right towards him. I didnt want to shoot because of safety. The Eastern Shore has great hunting places. My uncle would have us over there to hunt with him. Also loved the pheasant and quail hunting.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 12-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Strange I can post a pic and it shows up, but when I hit preview or post it doesn't show up