Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain lions in PA! >

Mountain lions in PA!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lions in PA!

Old 11-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mountain lions in PA!

ORIGINAL: RSB

Oh yea they are here alright, they simply must be because people say they saw one. But, unlike mountain lions in all other parts of the world the ones in Pennsylvaniahave really unique capabilities.

The lions in Pennsylvania can fly and that is the reason none have ever left a track in the snow or mud. The lions in Pennsylvania don’t ever have to eat either and that is why no one has ever found were a lion killed anything. And, since they don’t have to eat that also accounts for why they have never left any scat any where in this state for people to find.

I saw the tracks...There IS a mountain lion there....
Old 11-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

There must be a ton of them out there in PA with all these sightings. I was thinking about heading out west to Oregon for a hunt this winter. You guys have a season out in PA? It's a lot closer to home and it sounds like you have more.
2 LUNGER,in 47 years i have been in woods hunting clinton/cameron/potter countys, up until about 1993, i never heard of a COUGAR SIGHTING.

same with coyote, we NEVER heard report of coyote, after that, all kinds of sightings.

so, after 1993, cougar and coyote sighting STARTED HAPPENIING.

there is TOO MANY reports from seasoned hunters to not believe what they are seeing.

these reports have been increasing for last 6 years, bigtime.
Hey, who would've thunk it that we would have them in IL. We've produced 3 dead bodies of wild cougars in 5 years. Not saying you don't have them. But gosh, you guys have more sightings out there than they do in the west!

yes, you are right too.

with cameras out now we may get a good picture.

we MAY have one right now, dont know until eastern cougar group has it checked out.

hunters i know that saw one know the difference, like me on bobcat/cougar.

trust me, cougar looks no way like a bobcat,orangish color which is called TAWNY will stick out,at least it did with me.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Omg......here we go again.
muzzy, lets wait for pictures, if its NOT cougar, i will be first to say it ISNT.

lastest report IT IS COUGAR .
Old 11-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

hahah do the mountian loins really fly i saw one last night flying over my head lol
Old 11-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

Well you guys are funny and all but TRUST ME I will be the first to laugh in your face...thats right I will e-mail you to figure out your address, come to your house, and laugh in your face, when proof finally surfaces of cougars in PA. I really don't get why guys are so ridiculouslyskeptical. One question....what do I stand to gain by making up my claim.
As for the gentleman who suggested I could have confused it with a bobcat.....last time I checked bobcats arent six feet long + A FOUR FOOT LONG SWOOPING TAIL. And I wouldn't be able to call myself an outdoorsman if I couldnt distinguish between the two when it's fifty yards off the road walking parallel for 15-20 seconds.
See ya later
Old 11-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a whitetail deer in PA once.[8D][8D]

Unlike the mountain lion sightings, I have a plethora of proof to back up my claim.

Come on guys, not a single picture, not a single carcass, not a single track, no scat, no hair, no kill scenes.

You guys sight more big cats in PA than get sighted in Idaho and Montana combined!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

OMG.....Here it is, the first week of November, and THE CIRCUS IS IN TOWN AGAIN!!!!
That's just sooooooo special......and at this time of the year!!.....
Old 11-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Big Country

I saw a whitetail deer in PA once.[8D][8D]

Unlike the mountain lion sightings, I have a plethora of proof to back up my claim.

Come on guys, not a single picture, not a single carcass, not a single track, no scat, no hair, no kill scenes.

You guys sight more big cats in PA than get sighted in Idaho and Montana combined!

big c, too many local reports in my area ,CLINTON COUNTY,to not be TRUE.

i saw one, real close too but that was 15 years ago.

i agree with you, pictures/tracks are hard to come by and a cougar track is big.

i have picture coming of possible COUGAR.

i will be sending it to TRACKINCATS to be put on their site.

i feel there are very few cougars in pa. but i feel they are here,well, i know they are here because ,i saw one.

how much they range, i heard 100 miles then i heard 300 miles.do not know.

funny thing is, once sighting is seen ,it seems to go cold after a year or so.

then sighting start happenning many miles away,sighting start moving around from county to county.

almost ALL sighting i have are usually in summer/fall,not one in winter.

this is why i felt that cougars move to warmer areas in winter, i dont know,maybe thats why its hard to find tracks in snow.

others will say they dont exist because of no tracks in snow found in large numbers.

again, i cant answer that one also.

but i can tell you ,i did see cougar, tail and all and i trust my friends over yearsthat saw them going to work on beech creek rd.

if they said they saw one, they did and its no AMISH HOAX.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good point,all the mountain lions in Idaho and Montanna must migrate to Arizona for the winter.Tracks are not found during winter because we don't have mountain lions in this state.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

I have proof of the mountain lion around my house. Next time a see a track I'll take a picture. Ok?

Quick Reply: Mountain lions in PA!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.