Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain lions in PA! >

Mountain lions in PA!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lions in PA!

Old 12-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Mountain lions in PA!

ORIGINAL: DougE

Mosquito creek has been having a hunt since 1991.Coyotes didn't just show up that year or the year before in huntable numbers.Where does one purchase so many coyotes?Do you have the name of a coyote farm where I can buy several hundred?How about just a couple?

i was also member of that club from about 1978 to 1989.

yes, i agree, thats when coyotes showed up in GREAT NUMBERS, in the 90S.

in clinton/potter we noticed the coyotes ALL in about 2 years then,that is why we feel they were released.

they were never here in clinton/potter in great numbers all in about those 2 years.

i guess a question is, WHY FOR ALL THOSE YEARS GOING BACK TO WHEN DAD HUNTED ,LIKE 1925 TO 90S,THAT HE NEVER SAW TRACKS OR HEARD OF ANY OF CREWS THAT SAW COYOTE IN CLINTON/POTTER/CAMERON COUNTYS?

why all od SUDDEN in those 2 years in 90s that we had coyotes out our a.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Banned

Doug, would be extremely stupid venture for one to "farm" coyotes when so many are to be had insome states with very high densities that create problems. Would also have far less investment via the live trapping route. I knowa couple oflive trappers in Georgia. They trap with modified foothold traps and transfer the yotes to running pens. They sell them to hound hunting outfits. I think if I remember correctly, they sell them from 80 - 100 dollars apiece aliveas opposed to having all the work preparing hides for the fur trade and only getting$25 for them there.

Im not saying they were stocked by pgc or anyone else. But if theyd did, Id like to thank them. Only huntin' I love as much as archery deer huntin' is coyote huntin'.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

They thought it was a good idea with the coyotes. Oh wait that's just another conspiracy theory, right?
That is exactly what it is.
Unless of course you have some proof to show otherwise.
Hint - theories and sprouls opinions are not proof.

Steve
Old 12-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

They thought it was a good idea with the coyotes. Oh wait that's just another conspiracy theory, right?
Hint - theories and sprouls opinions are not proof.

Steve
true, i have no proof,only i have no one that can explain why we had so many coyotes show up in our county in such a short time.

being we are out there for say years from 1920s on to 90s and did not see coyotes, then ALL OF SUDDEN,they were here,just does not feel right.

i could see if we saw like,oh we saw tracks of one or 2 but the sighting and tracks exploded in those few short years in early 90s.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

They didn't just show up in Clinton county in the 90's.They were in every county I hunted long before that.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

Steve
Ok, Prove they didn't. It isn't so easy is it. I cannot prove it, probably never will.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is no reason to prove a negative (something that never happened).
Most understand that - apparently not everyone.

You assert something happened but cannot show a shred of proof - and yet expect to be taken credibly?
That's funny

Steve
Old 12-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

There simply is no way the PGC could keep the stocking of coyotes a secret since too many people would be involved in such a project. There would be the people who provided the yotes who would have no reason to keep it a secret unless it was illegal. Then there are the truck drivers and PGC staff that would be involved in their release. Furthermore, there is absolutely nothing in the history of the PGC where any of the staff recommended the use of natural predators to control the herd And, finally there is nothing in the harvest history that indicates predation by yotes had a significant impact on the herd in comparison to the effects of the antlerless harvests.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Craaaaaaazy, crazy for for reading this poooooo.... i'm craaaaazy , crazy to believe youuuuuuuuu
Old 12-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sproulman I've been reading your posts on mountain lion threads for at least 2 years now. I have 2 very simple questions for you.

#1 Do you have a picture of a mountain lion in PA? No wishy washy BS answers. Plain and simple ... yes or no... do you have a picture you can share with us of a mountain lion in PA?

#2 Can you understand how a lot of members on this website think you have no credibility without producing such proof?

** I lied I have a 3rd question **

#3 Could you shut the hell up about mountain lions in PA until you have one dead and laying at your feet so you can take 8,413 pictures of it and come back here to post them?

Quick Reply: Mountain lions in PA!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.