Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 LONGISLAND HUNTING --ANYONE HERE HUNT LI? >

LONGISLAND HUNTING --ANYONE HERE HUNT LI?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

LONGISLAND HUNTING --ANYONE HERE HUNT LI?

Old 09-29-2008, 10:55 AM

Default RE: LONGISLAND HUNTING --ANYONE HERE HUNT LI?

PM sent.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

I belonged to this club and last year some of the old guys would whine that there were too many hunters. It was 15 guys for 170 acres and rarely did more then 5 or 6 guys hunt at the same time. There was soooo much land to hunt especially during bow season. Anyway I was told that somebody ripped up the property with quads during the summerso they had to cut it down to 10 guys. Yeah what the hell does that have to do with too many guys??? I know it makes no sense.I was low on the totem pole so i and 5 other good guys got the boot. If u ask me it was a bunch ofBS and they were just obliging the whiny old guys.

Hey RulZu i can hook you up with some good spots. I am always looking for another hunting buddy.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:10 AM
Fork Horn

guys thanks so much for the responses.. Hopefully I come back with good news by the end of the week
woo hoo! flyin solo as of right now, company would be nice. please PM.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

Good Luck Long Islanders! Hopefully we will have some pics to share!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Fork Horn

are all you guys going? its supposed to have thunder showers...???????????????? what should i do? should i go or should i stay?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Today looks like it turned out to be a nice day, i hope you guys who went out do good, i dont even think i will be able to hunt the island for 2 or 3 weeks because of work ...
stay posted and gl!
Old 10-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

WELL my first ever BOW HUNT, went.. ehhh.. it poored for about 45 min. not too bad. but being I havent been to those neck of the woods, and all lots were full i made due on one lot. went in woods, was dark put climber stand WHICH I HATE, im terrified of this thing, even though i have the saftey harness i really dont think i could use it again. Anyway.. picked out a nice tree. after sun comes up i realize i cant see past 15 yards MAX. too many trees, leafes. VERY VERY THICK where i went. but.. i did hear and see, and witness a parade not more than 5 yards under me of about 40 TURKEYS.. yeah.. no shi***
anyways.. i went from 5am-12:30 couldnt do anymore since i went straight from work last night, which ended at 1:30. got home showered, packed car, drove there, took 45 min nap in car.. i was Tooo Exausted! anyway i need a dictionary... the hell with it.. im tired and gonna go pass out!
lataz.. talk to ya soon boyz
Old 10-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RuLzU

WELL my first ever BOW HUNT, went.. ehhh.. it poored for about 45 min. not too bad. but being I havent been to those neck of the woods, and all lots were full i made due on one lot. went in woods, was dark put climber stand WHICH I HATE, im terrified of this thing, even though i have the saftey harness i really dont think i could use it again. Anyway.. picked out a nice tree. after sun comes up i realize i cant see past 15 yards MAX. too many trees, leafes. VERY VERY THICK where i went. but.. i did hear and see, and witness a parade not more than 5 yards under me of about 40 TURKEYS.. yeah.. no shi***
anyways.. i went from 5am-12:30 couldnt do anymore since i went straight from work last night, which ended at 1:30. got home showered, packed car, drove there, took 45 min nap in car.. i was Tooo Exausted! anyway i need a dictionary... the hell with it.. im tired and gonna go pass out!
lataz.. talk to ya soon boyz
Just to let you know, it wasent your spot thats thick, every where on the island is thick as hell!
Old 10-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

that it is! and also be careful who you tell you went out at 5am!
Old 10-05-2008, 03:21 AM
Fork Horn

ANyone have any luck yet? jeez.. NO ONE on LongIsland.. nothing yet?
comon guys

Quick Reply: LONGISLAND HUNTING --ANYONE HERE HUNT LI?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.