Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 LONGISLAND HUNTING --ANYONE HERE HUNT LI? >

LONGISLAND HUNTING --ANYONE HERE HUNT LI?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

LONGISLAND HUNTING --ANYONE HERE HUNT LI?

Old 10-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: LONGISLAND HUNTING --ANYONE HERE HUNT LI?

I also hunt long island and shelter island i have only been out twice since i am hurting for time with a new kid and all i am hopeing to get out more next weekend all i have seen are a few does and a decsent 8 in the distance thats about it.. Oh and a cat and some gobblers
Old 10-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

Hey i was just thinking, do any of you guys here want to set up an allday or weekend LI publicland hunt? You know we could all get together early morning and pull an all day hunt maybe even two days on the weekend. I realize that many hunters especially in LI do not like to give up there honey holes but I am more about the commradery and bonding. I hate hunting by myself. When i had my hunting club it was so much fun hanging out and trading stories. Itmakes going home empty handed a lot more fun. Heck, who says we can start a public land hunting club of our own. there is plenty of land out there. If you are trulyinterested please pm me. I will set it up. I will be away this weekend hunting in MD but I will definitely get on it when i return on Monday. If u are interested pm me.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:50 AM

Hi, Ive hunted Rocky Point 3 times already, its good hunting, especially in the cornfield area on the south side of whiskey road. Just make sure to spray your clothes beforehand with some good tick spray & get your free dec access permit and your good to go.