Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pa Game Comm. Overhaul >

Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

Old 12-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you forget you just proposed a 2 day antlerless season?
Old 12-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Did you forget you just proposed a 2 day antlerless season?

Perhaps you should go back and read it again. I did no such thing. I merely pointed out that there was always a mechanism in place for extending the doe season when it was 2-3 days and no law change would be needed.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bawanajim
For the love of God would you people get Gary Alt, the old three day doe season and deer check stations out of your minds.

They are three of the dumbest, mindless, pointless and just plan stupid ideas from the past that didn't work, couldn't work and wouldn't work, please take a second or two and think ahead new ideas or please dial 1 800 dialajoke and speak to some one on your own level.
.................................................. .........
Old 12-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Perhaps you should go back and read it again. I did no such thing. I merely pointed out that there was always a mechanism in place for extending the doe season when it was 2-3 days and no law change would be needed.
You do not know what you are talking about. once the seasons are set in April the PGC is prohibited by law from extending the seasons due to bad weather resulting in poor harvests.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

.................................................. .........

Alt came up with a lot of new ideas that reduced the buck harvest to levels we haven't seen since 1970. Is that the kind of new ideas you support?
Old 12-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

For the love of God would you people get Gary Alt, the old three day doe season and deer check stations out of your minds.

They are three of the dumbest, mindless, pointless and just plan stupid ideas from the past that didn't work, couldn't work and wouldn't work, please take a second or two and think ahead new ideas or please dial 1 800 dialajoke and speak to some one on your own level.

For you short bus riders I will try to make it a bit simpler.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

You do not know what you are talking about. once the seasons are set in April the PGC is prohibited by law from extending the seasons due to bad weather resulting in poor harvests.
The executive director extended the doe season many times back when it was the old 2-3 days.
Please cite the part of the game code that says that power was removed.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Please cite the many ,many times they extended the doe season. You are simply blowing smoke and have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Please cite the many ,many times they extended the doe season. You are simply blowing smoke and have no idea what you are talking about.

I know that I hunted more than one Saturday that was an extension of the doe season. It was done on a county by county basis based on field reports and surveys at processors by WCO's. (they were known as DGP's at the time). Just because you are uninformed about some of the history of our deer management doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Sproul, Spurs, Germain, Jim,DennyF, Doug I cant be the only one who's long enough in the tooth enough to remember those days. It would have been in the 70's and 80's. there was even a big flap about the times they tried moving doe season to the end of the week for a few years because it didnt leave time for an extension without getting too close to the holidays.

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 12-21-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

The entire history of deer management in PA is listed on the PGC website. All you have to do is go back a cite the times they extended the antlerless season. You can't do it because it only happened one time before it was challenged and found to be a violation of the law.

That is precisely why they went to the concurrent seasons,because they didn't need the approval of the legislature to make that change.

Quick Reply: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.