Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pa Game Comm. Overhaul >

Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

Old 10-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

Have you considered trying to find a new and better defense of the PGC's flawed deer management plan? The anger management defense is getting old ,just like the nonsense being spewed by RSB.

The PGC data has shown that the plan has failed to produce the predicted results,so what facts can you provide that shows the plan was a success?
Old 10-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Banned

"Have you considered anger managemet counseling?"

No anger involved. A little disbelief maybe, but no anger. My "bolded" wording is something Ilike to use to separate my statements from those Im replying to.Easier to read. I also like to keep the"wheat separate from the chaff".

Old 10-08-2008, 07:44 PM

ORIGINAL: sproulman
in lock haven express tonight is all bills on floor to REVAMP the PGC.

some points, 4 year for commissioner,no wco on board,i believe less powers for wco, could be i read that wrong, it said they have to have cause.
Both bills went down in a ball of flames. Thank goodness !!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Flint67

ORIGINAL: sproulman
in lock haven express tonight is all bills on floor to REVAMP the PGC.

some points, 4 year for commissioner,no wco on board,i believe less powers for wco, could be i read that wrong, it said they have to have cause.
Both bills went down in a ball of flames. Thank goodness !!

talk was it would pass,thanks for update.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Have you considered trying to find a new and better defense of the PGC's flawed deer management plan? The anger management defense is getting old ,just like the nonsense being spewed by RSB.

The PGC data has shown that the plan has failed to produce the predicted results,so what facts can you provide that shows the plan was a success?
Thats what you think alright. have a look at my new thread. More and more, people are seeing that things are working. Still lots of bugs to work out but at least we're not sitting around doing nothing while the herd eats itself out of house and home any more

Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Banned

Could you please point out where your other article supports the incorrect assumption deer are eating themselves out of house and home? I dont see it. Nor is it even mentioned in the article.

Sorry to hear about the hunter minded legislation getting shot down. 1214. Was the most hunter friendly-should be common sense legislation to be initiated in years. Seems the house these days are pro-hunter and some of the Senate is where the problem is. The eco-flakes have their "talons" (LOL) dug in deep with some of the Senators.

Btbowhunter,the only "bugs to work out" are the eco-extreme views of our current boc. Thoseobtuse viewsneed to be squashed like a bug, and Elmerton avenue needs a thourough fumigation.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Thats what you think alright. have a look at my new thread. More and more, people are seeing that things are working. Still lots of bugs to work out but at least we're not sitting around doing nothing while the herd eats itself out of house and home any more

The article says nothing about the current plan working. It simply says the monitoring methods used in the buck dispersal study were acceptable and that doe density and competition between bucks are "likely" both causes for dispersal. The study did nothing to improve deer management in PA and simply duplicated studies that were done in MD and Virginia.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

The article says nothing about the current plan working. It simply says the monitoring methods used in the buck dispersal study were acceptable and that doe density and competition between bucks are "likely" both causes for dispersal. The study did nothing to improve deer management in PA and simply duplicated studies that were done in MD and Virginia.
For someone who loves to use selected littlebits of the whole picture, thats really amusing. What the article does is show one more way the PGC is trying to manage the herd with science on their side.

You definitely have an exceptional ability with figures. Too bad your neanderthal "deer behind every tree" agenda has clouded your judgement in how to use that ability.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Please explain how this study helps the PGC manage our herd. Will they have hunters shoot more doe in a given area to reduce dispersal or will they have them shoot more BB to reduce the effects of having a lot of 1.5 buck? Or ,will they have them shoot more doe and more BB to reduce dispersal? That is what they have been doing for the last 7 years and we all know how that benefited hunters by reducing the buck harvest by 47%. Sure glad they did that study, since it really helped the PGC improve deer management in PA!![:@]
Old 10-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

The fact that you askhow these studies are helpful in managing the herd shows exactly howone sidedyour agenda is. You deserve no further explanation. You wil simply blow it off or claim bias or tell us all why they are irrelevant. What is irrelevant is your antiquated view of how deer should be managed.

Quick Reply: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.