Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA deer Quizz

Old 08-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA deer Quizz

Do you think I or anyone else cares what you think ,since apparently all you are concerned about is bigger racks?
Old 08-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe that is no less honorable of a desire than to perpetuate the low quality, but guaranteed result, of a filled buck tag for one day a year hunters.
Life is easy when you have low expectations.
Sounds similar to "trout" season.
Which kind hunter works harder for conservation and the sport in general?
Old 08-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe that is no less honorable of a desire than to perpetuate the low quality, but guaranteed result, of a filled buck tag for one day a year hunters.
But that was never the case in PA. The success rate of buck hunters was has been below 20% for many years ,so it is not true that the PGC was perpetuating low quality buck in exchange for guaranteed results.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

So you're saying the success rate hasn't changed all that much, per capita?
Old 08-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Per capita, the success rate has dropped significantly. According to the PGC, the buck harvest rate is the same now , as the 25 year average,whatever that means.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Do you think I or anyone else cares what you think ,since apparently all you are concerned about is bigger racks?
It's always fun when someone gives you the opportunity to stuff their own words right back down their throat. Thats an opportunity I just cant let go, so:

Could you please provide the link to the post where I have claimed that all I'm concerned with are bigger racks?

I don't think so............
Old 08-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

A picture speaks louder than words, especially in this case. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh, ouch! thats gonna leave a mark!

If you ever hope to have any credibility on this site, you might want to avoid posts like that one that expose your jealousy/ inferiority/low self esteem problems
Old 08-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Oh, ouch! thats gonna leave a mark!

If you ever hope to have any credibility on this site, you might want to avoid posts like that one that expose your jealousy/ inferiority/low self esteem problems

I am rather surprised you would make that post considering your post accusing me of putting words in your mouth is what started this exchange
It's always fun when someone gives you the opportunity to stuff their own words right back down their throat. Thats an opportunity I just cant let go, so:

Could you please provide the link to the post where I have claimed that all I'm concerned with are bigger racks?

I don't think so...

I don't recall saying anything about being jealous of your bucks. I always enjoy seeing nice bucks and its always good to know some PA hunters have good deer hunting.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Per capita, the success rate has dropped significantly. According to the PGC, the buck harvest rate is the same now , as the 25 year average,whatever that means.
How can that be a significant drop?
Being the same as the 25 year average would mean it is statistically insignificant. The success rate has not statistically changed much, per capita, though.Do you agree?

Quick Reply: PA deer Quizz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.