Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA harvest #'s????????? >

PA harvest #'s?????????

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA harvest #'s?????????

Old 04-08-2008, 08:14 PM

Default RE: PA harvest #'s?????????

You want one example. The neighbor next to our farm, thought he shot a legal buck, but it had no brow points, so he gets his grandson to tag it. That was two years ago, this year he shot a 4 point and it ran onto our property and died. Again, grandson tagged it. He walked up to me a says "is that the buck WE hit". If this isn't a problem then I'm gonna send him and his cronies to hunt down by you. Since they don't sell that many junior tags it doesn't matter????? I guess i'll buy one then a shot a 4 point since they are such a small amount of the sales it doesn't matter. As for turning someone in, explain how you can when he will say my grandson shot it, who has the same caliber gun as me.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

How many "sons" do they have? Do you really believe thats the problem?
Old 04-08-2008, 08:28 PM

Some of the problem yes. Between that and people shooting the 1-1/2 year old bucks that are 7 and 8 pointers. PA cannot become a big buck state like they want unless they make juniors abide by the same rules and have it 5 points a side. If they arn't willing to do this then go back to the old way, so I could actually get some youngsters excited about hunting.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PA Screaming Eagle

You want one example. The neighbor next to our farm, thought he shot a legal buck, but it had no brow points, so he gets his grandson to tag it. That was two years ago, this year he shot a 4 point and it ran onto our property and died. Again, grandson tagged it. He walked up to me a says "is that the buck WE hit". If this isn't a problem then I'm gonna send him and his cronies to hunt down by you. Since they don't sell that many junior tags it doesn't matter????? I guess i'll buy one then a shot a 4 point since they are such a small amount of the sales it doesn't matter. As for turning someone in, explain how you can when he will say my grandson shot it, who has the same caliber gun as me.
isnt it something for such a person as BTBOWHUNTER who gets big bucks on PRIVATELAND to say everything is rosy.

maybe he needs to get off that PRIVATELAND and open his eyes and ears to really what is going on .

he would make a great game commissioner,they make these stupid rules that they know that most will not abide by it.

its not KIDS that is problem with AR ,its adults that are using it to get a deer or as said,BROWN ITS DOWN WITH KID AROUND.

it needs STOPPED now, make it 3 POINTS to side for all,then the daddys will have to look and BROWN ITS DOWN WITH KID AROUND[:@] will end.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

How many "sons" do they have? Do you really believe thats the problem?
i know crew that has8 hunters under age of 16.

this crew never had over a couple of junior hunters.

why do you think all of sudden there is all these crews with a lot of junior hunters?

is it because all of sudden they are interested in hunting?hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

i stated here about the dad with 2 daughters at wal-mart getting license.

daughters said,THIS IS STUPID, I AINT GOING HUNTING ANYHOW.
daddy said, JUST SIGN IT AND SHUT UP.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, it does not take a brain surgeon to see what is happening.

i had MANY hunters say they saw adults shooting and not even looking at horns of deer by crews driving deer.

as soon as we get a WCO here in clinton county i will be reporting who i think these groups may be,trust me, its not just 1 group doing it, i think its WIDESPREAD all over pa.

the only way to stop it is to make the AR for all of us.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

So what does a couple of kids tags have to do with a wma being devoid of deer, I mean really if deer are that hard to find how are children so successful?
Old 04-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

So what does a couple of kids tags have to do with a wma being devoid of deer, I mean really if deer are that hard to find how are children so successful?
has a lot to do with it.
if adult is using a kid to get a deer,that would be one deer that would make it because the kid was not in spot that the adult shot the deer.

so, that small buckor adult buck could have got away.

you have to look for points, so do i.

most of us do look for points on buck.

but its awful temtation for MOST if they have kids along to just SHOOT when they see a deer.if its small buck they are ok, if its doe, ok also.

by making rules 3 POINTS for all of us, it would stop this DEAD IN ITS TRACKS.

no more BROWN ITS DOWN .

no father is going to go home with a kid without a deer,no way, most fathers are going to shoot and let kid tag it if buck comes out to him not kid.

radios are being usedbigtime also.

wco in elk county even made this comment to me,he said he heard them calling for tags when they saw him heading up road..
that was only 1 incident,think of how many more are happening.

radios are falling out of the pockets at trucks when loading up for next drive, i could not believe radios being used.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

You won't have to put up with those kids tagging all of your bucks for long, those radios will lead to video games and video games lead to smoking dope and smoking dope makes you fat and lazy so in a year or so things will be back to normal for you.[]
Old 04-09-2008, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: the outsider

Btbowhunter you are naive if you think this does not get abused just like everything else (i.e. shooting multiple deer to fill out antlerless tags).

Years ago when there were a lot of deer in 2G, Sunday night before the buck season openersounded like a fireworks display when you stepped outside our cabin.
I'm not naive but apparently you cant or wont read. I challenged you to prove that it goes on any more than the usual poaching that has always gone on!

As for the story about your neighbor, you are part of the problem! Turn his butt in. Let the WCO sort out the problem. Your excuse that he'll just say his grandson shot it is a cop-out. Even if charges don't stick the first time,he knows that a WCOcould be there sniffing around and will be less likely to do it again. Instead of helping catch a poacher, you want to penalize law abiding kids. Sounds just like the mentality of the gun control crowd! Someone might abuse something so lets penalize everyone by passing a law that probably won't stop the real outlaws anyway!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: PA Screaming Eagle

isnt it something for such a person as BTBOWHUNTER who gets big bucks on PRIVATELAND to say everything is rosy.

maybe he needs to get off that PRIVATELAND and open his eyes and ears to really what is going on .

he would make a great game commissioner,they make these stupid rules that they know that most will not abide by it.

its not KIDS that is problem with AR ,its adults that are using it to get a deer or as said,BROWN ITS DOWN WITH KID AROUND.

it needs STOPPED now, make it 3 POINTS to side for all,then the daddys will have to look and BROWN ITS DOWN WITH KID AROUND[:@] will end.
Sproul, you've made this accusation time and again. I hunt both public and private land as well as private land that is unposted and open to the public. My hunting time is around 50-50 between private and public

Either you cant read very well or you choose to ignore the facts. I realize you obviously cant read very well but I've repeated it too many times for even you to have missed it so my only conclusion is that you have chosen to ignore the facts and that makes you nothing better than aBOLDFACE LIAR with no conscience!

Quick Reply: PA harvest #'s?????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.