HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   COUGARS ARE HERE (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/233071-cougars-here.html)

SteveBNy 03-01-2008 04:55 AM

RE: COUGARS ARE HERE

Just remember their were no grizleys in idaho until a hunter shot one.
That would be proof that grizzlies are there.
It does that mean cougars are playing on picinic tables in NY?:D

Steve

Sylvan 03-01-2008 06:12 AM

Same old same old... no evidence, no proof just morebs. I put such claims in the same category with, to name just a few,big foot, space aliens,the Evis is alive phenomenonand the nonsense that we never landed on the moon. Should reliable sources begin substantiating the presence of ml's in places like PA, NY etc. then the ml enthusiasts would have some credibility. Clearly, that's not the case. Until then, imo, it's just cases of mistaken identity, conspiracy theoriesand the imaginations of those who for whatever reason want to believe and are obsessed with convincing others to believe that ml's are around.

nybowhunter 03-02-2008 06:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

Same old same old... no evidence, no proof just morebs. I put such claims in the same category with, to name just a few,big foot, space aliens,the Evis is alive phenomenonand the nonsense that we never landed on the moon. Should reliable sources begin substantiating the presence of ml's in places like PA, NY etc. then the ml enthusiasts would have some credibility. Clearly, that's not the case. Until then, imo, it's just cases of mistaken identity, conspiracy theoriesand the imaginations of those who for whatever reason want to believe and are obsessed with convincing others to believe that ml's are around.
I AGREE!
Now can youplease stop these useless threads. Without any evidence, none of us want to hear it AND you lose all of your creditability with other HNI members! Yes...this is directed to youSproulman!

sproulman 03-02-2008 12:09 PM

i had to clear out my PM .
i am getting about 90% positive for me to report what is in my countys i get info from.

many have camps here and have PM me ,some said they also have info but are afraid to put in on here as some of you will make fun of them, thats sad, isnt it.

you would not believe the people that have saw and heardcougar in the HAMMERSLY FORK AREA of clinton county.i was not aware of that info until today.

so, lots are reading my post and they like it,some of you dont, thats ok too.

my PM is cleared out now,so if anyone has sighting of cougar in CLINTON COUNTY ,feel free to PM me.

SteveBNy 03-02-2008 03:57 PM

many have camps here and have PM me ,some said they also have info but are afraid to put in on here as some of you will make fun of them, thats sad, isnt it.
BS - its not fear of ridicule - IF they are really even responding!
It just means they have no PROOF. Coffe shop/bar room rumors of sitings are not proof.
They are urban legends that grow uncontrolled when fed byrumor - the very reason for Snopes.
Post proof and get some credibility - until then you get sad shakes of the head from your attempts to perpetuate myth and legend.

Steve

BTBowhunter 03-02-2008 05:22 PM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

i had to clear out my PM .
i am getting about 90% positive for me to report what is in my countys i get info from.

you would not believe the people that have saw and heardcougar in the HAMMERSLY FORK AREA of clinton county.i was not aware of that info until today.

so, lots are reading my post and they like it,some of you dont, thats ok too.

my PM is cleared out now,so if anyone has sighting of cougar in CLINTON COUNTY ,feel free to PM me.

So now it's PM's from unnamed posters afraid to post their sighting here for fear of ridicule. Just like your cougar sightings, once again you don't produce any proof whatsoever.

You have made so many outlandish claims about so many things that you've gotten to the point where very few, if any, believe anything you post. It's not just the cougar stories, it's the poaching stories, the tree eating bears and countless others. Never a picture. Never a link to any credible source that supports what you claim. When you do occasionally post a link like the one in this thread, it's about sightings over 750 miles from the closest PA border and you expect us to accept it as proof that cougars are here.

Save your stories for someone still young and naive enough to swallow them. Of course, today, even kids are pretty sharp at spotting BS so you'd better stick to the local kindergaten.

sproulman 03-12-2008 06:46 PM

watching tv right nowand history channel is having info on COUGARS .

they have possiblepictures of black puma in west virginia on camcorder.research said it was 27 inchs from nose to hind quarter. and clear shots of LONG tail.

farmer said he was going to shoot it,GAME COMMISSION told him they dont exist and you better not shoot it or you will be arrested.:D

check, it may be playing in your area.

www.history.com

moose1915 03-12-2008 08:47 PM

good grief

sproulman 03-12-2008 10:57 PM

ORIGINAL: moose1915

good grief
you have to laugh.being that cat on film was estimated at 27 inchs,at least,hard to say it was HOUSECAT.boy, it was BLACK with a real long tail.

that farmer at virginia stated what i quoted above.
:D

DougE 03-13-2008 06:50 AM

I watched it Sproulman and I didn't hear anyone say anything about you better no shoot one.Most of the programwent on and on about how there's no such thing as a black mountaibn lion.The cat in in west virginia was estimated at 25 inches long.Pretty small don't you think?

How anyone could have watched that and came away believing we have large black cats roaming around is beyond me.