Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Catskill Hunters >

Catskill Hunters

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Catskill Hunters

Old 12-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Catskill Hunters

How has everyone been doing this year in the Catskills.

I made it to our camp (Andes, NY)for opening weekend, and we had 4 bucks taken by Sunday, the largest being a nice 8pt. I only jumped one doe, but other than thatI had a great weekend.

So how did everybody else do? Deer seen, deer taken, any bears seen? Lets hear how you did...
Old 12-05-2007, 06:50 PM

Default RE: Catskill Hunters

sounds like a good year so far...private land??
I've seen nothing on the hunt 2 weekends in a row now, going to give it the last shot this weekend.
I will be inbetween the Walton and Downsville area. Looks like there might be just enough snow to make the hunt,....ah.....well.... huntable.

Peace
Old 12-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me and my uncle hunt on the western side of the Catskills around Hobart in Delaware county. We got two 8 point bucks and a doe by 7:30 AM on opening day. This was way better than we had expected. I also got another doe this past weekend on my friends landowner doe tag. I think we did pretty good this year and really didn't have to put too much effort into it as we needed in past years. The REAL work started once the deer were down with the dragging, butchering and wrapping of the meat, but it was all well worth it.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

I have a camp in Chichester/Phoenecia area. Did not hear of or see any bucks taken worth speaking about. My neighbor hunts on North mountain in Tannersville and shot a 450 pound black bear opening week. I saw the pic and it was impressive.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Spike

I live in Walton and there is plenty of snow on the groud for good tracking. Expecting another 1" fresh snowon Friday 12/7/07 so this weekend should be good. Took a good 6 pt opening day. Were are you planning to hunt, Bear Spring has some good spots to hit.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:57 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the snow.
Did you bag the 6pt at Bear Springs? I had one step out in front of the car the day before opening day.
Took a pic with my camera. Do you have a pic of yours? I will post mine lets see if its him.
Probably going to hunt BS at least one day this weekend.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to the rest of you guys. I won't be able to hunt until the last few days of the late archery season because of college.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Spike

No I didn't get 6 pt in BS I took on private property. We did get at least 1" of new snow today. I don't have any pictures. Good luck this weekend. I will be out this weekend trying to get so yotes that are all over the place.