Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 What's wrong.... >

What's wrong....

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What's wrong....

Old 11-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Spike

Default What's wrong....

What is the problem these day's with some hunter's. I hunt on private land that is posted, and everytime we go there, there are hunters hunting the land. So we ask them nicely to leave the property and they get pissy with us. So now at the entrance of the propety someone is dumping deer carcass's and whatever is left over from their butchering !! Such scum !! And to think these are supposed to be sportsman !![:@]
Old 11-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's wrong....

When we hunt public land up at camp, we have always found the other hunters to be cooperative and friendly. At home in Allegheny County, we constantly getinto fights. We have permission to hunt a couple of adjoining properties and seem to have run ins with a new group of interlopers every year. I had a couple of guys under my stand this year and when I told them they were on private land without permission, they said "Oh OK...we'll just go down over there" I told them Uh NO...LEAVE!
They didn't take it very good. They managed to wound and lose a doe before they left for the day.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:07 PM

PAHUNTR27we have had that problem here in central NY also. We used to confront them but a few times it came very close to blows.So we have found a better way with today's new technology...........TRAILCAMS !!!!!
Don't just use them to find game. Use them to catch the scumbags who give all good sportsman a bad name. We have caught 2 since last year. One was prosecuted for trespassing, illegal dumping, AND unlawfull disposition of a carcass by DEC. The good guys win.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Spike

It's just a shame these day's where you can't trust anyone. We shouldn't have to worry about going to our land and kicking people off of it. I was there on Wednesday this week, and found a blood trail !! It just pisses me off. This Saturday I will be carrying my pistol with me, it should be busy out that way I'm sure.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

I DONT KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE THESE DAYS, I WOULD FIND WERE THEY PARK OR WERE THEY GET DROPED OFF AND WAIT THERE WITH MY BOYS AND I GAURENTEE YOU 1 POACHER AT A TIME THEY WONT COME BACK TO MY PLACE ,NO WARNINGS TO THEM ITS LIKE GIVING YOUR KID A TIME OUT INSTEAD OF BUSTING HIS ASS, IT DONT HAVE THE SAME EFFECT TEN TIME OUTS OR ONE GOOD ASSWOOPIN, ASK THEM WHAT THEY PREFUR

JUST MY 2 CENTS
DR KILL