Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? >

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

Old 08-24-2004, 09:26 PM

Default WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

New bow, 1st time to shoot with sights, and releas.

at 20, and 30 yards I can prity consistintly hit a quarter inch orange stiker! But whin I shoot at a standerd 5 shot target I am luky if I hit the white.

Do not know if I am siking myself out, or if I'm having trubul focusing on the white backgrond, I just do not know.

Anny thoughts or hints would be gratly aprecheated!

Thanks in advanced!
Old 08-24-2004, 09:44 PM
nub

Default RE: WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

Sounds like a bad case of "aim small, miss small".
Old 08-24-2004, 09:49 PM

(?[8D]) Do you mean bad Question?

I only thought bad questons were the ones not asked.

aime small mis small? Does this mean that I am not consintrating as much on the larger targets, of what?

I do not know, thats why I have asked!

pleas tell me some one can help.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:52 PM

I know that the X on the target is the same size as the stiker. So I am still aming small!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What gives?
Old 08-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Put a orange sticker on the X and focus on that.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:00 PM
nub

There are no bad questions. You are correct on that. I'm sorry, you misunderstood my sense of humor so I edited. They say, "aim small, miss small". A 1/4" dot at 30 yards is aiming small if you ask me. Hence the "bad case". It was a joke. Put one of those 1/4 inch dots in that 5 spot once. What happens? When you aim at the small dot, your not actually holding on the dot. You are focusing so hard on seeing your arrow hit that spot, your subconsious puts the pin there when you let the shot happen. When you put the pin on a 5spot, let it float. Focus on the X like you do on the orange dot. Burn a hole in the X with your mind and let it happen. The arrow will go there.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:14 PM

nub I did no notice that you had replyed agine or I would not have pm you.

Your humer was not lost, It just I have had some rude replies and I jumped befor I found out what you were trying to say.

agine thank you for your replyes and I look forward to the articuls you had mincind!

P.S. I truly hope that everyone can make out what I am trying to say, some times I type to fast but most of the time It is just the fact that I do not spell well

Agine thanks!
Old 08-24-2004, 10:31 PM
nub

No problem Ryan. May the force be with you.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:31 AM

I guess the good news is..... deer dont come with spots. Well, at least legal ones dont. When shooting the bigger spots on the 5 spot, put something smaller on the spots, like a peice of tape or something. See if you can hit that. It could be either a case of you concentrating more on the smaller spots, or some type of target panic. There was a post about target panic not too long ago. You may wanna search that out. But, again, if you can hit a small spot, you could aim for a hair on that buck that walks by. It could be worse
Old 08-25-2004, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anny thoughts or hints would be gratly aprecheated
UMmmmmm.........."hooked on phonics, worked for!"

Quick Reply: WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.