Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 I love deer hunting in Ct. >

I love deer hunting in Ct.

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

I love deer hunting in Ct.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Spike

Default RE: I love deer hunting in Ct.

I don't need to kill anything. I hunt to be in the woods, then to fill my freezer and on occasion that of my friends and groups like Hunters for the Hungry. If I can get a nice buck, all the better (and I have gotten a few), but I don't obssess about it.

As for my success rate, it is better than most. Indeed it is better than all but a few because I don't measure my success by the number of deer I kill but rather by the number of chances I have had to hunt and the number of deer I could have killed but chose not to for one reason or another. But, still, it amazes me that you know so much about me based on the fact that I do not measure my success by the size of a buck's antlers. Maybe I should spend more time drooling over some whack 'em and stack 'em videos.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Nice deer, I used to be in the Navy stationed at Groton on Subs. Lived in Oak Dale on Old Colchester Rd. Across the street from Oxoboxo lake (tons of bass) now live back in NJ kind of miss Ct nice fishing and hunting there but home is NJ
Old 11-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Spike

good shootin
Old 12-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Still waiting to see these great big huge Bucks as you put it there all over the place in Ct. cause you let them grow in your area. Really piss me off. Put me down because I shoot legal deer cause it not up to your specs. Go pound tar..... I have never ever put a single person down on this form is all the years I have been here and when I share my success with folks on here I don't expect to be put down by kids who have benn hunting for all of 10 years or less. I like my venison and if its legal and I feel like taking it I do.

FISHFRY as far as a Hack job to the neck if you can't handell your equipment and shoot good enough by all means don't take the shot. But I'll tell you you puke don't put me down for makeing a quick kill shot just because its not in you book and you can't make the shot.

If the MODs want to bounce me for telling it like it is then bounce me. But the ones who need to be bounced are the unsportsman pieces of crap who come in here and want every one to live up to what they say with there 15-20 posts. I say Who needs them.

So I say again where are all the giant Bucks you guys were giong out for.

thanks to most of you for your support. can you belive these guys.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

That is a beautiful 6 point, congratulations. Believe it or not I would mount a 6 point like that because I want good examples of nice racks from 4 point on up. Nice deer.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with you Mike - no-one on these boards or anywhere deserves to be called out when hunting legally. Last I checked this wasnt "Trophy Hunting.Net". I thought they were joking around with you at first - but I'll second the "stuff it" you gave them.

Nothing like deer camp - glad you had a successful season, and fun at the same time! Thanks for posting the pictures.

FH

Old 12-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Spike

Here, here Mike,

I can't agree with you more. Let 'em drool over their antlers, while we eat our raosts, steaks, stews, etc.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ALL the BS: sounds like fertile ground for the ANTI"S Shoot 'em small, let them grow, yada yada. To each his own.

When it gets to sound like BRAGGING, particularly on the Internet, we must be careful
Old 12-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mike, looks like a heck of a week, congrats to the whole party! BTW, seeing or hearing many coyotes up that way?