Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY TICKS..

Old 11-10-2007, 09:36 AM

Default RE: NY TICKS..

I'm in Oswego County, but we vacation in northern NY- Brasher Falls, on the Deer River. One of my 3 Shepherds was diagnosed with Lyme. She was and is asyptomatic. We found it on her yearly HW test. (Most vets use a 3Dx method, with tests for hertworm, Lyme and ehrlichia.)
Old 11-11-2007, 05:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Steve863

Long Island has got to be the worst place on the planet for ticks. I think every blade of grass must have several ticks on it since one gets bombarded by them on even a short walk through any sort of vegetation!
I think your right. my parent's dogs and cat get them all the time. they have woods behind their house. my buddy's german shorthair always gets them when we used to bird hunt out east.

Now we hunt in Chenango county and have not had ONE tick on the dog. I've never even seen one in chenango.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:34 AM

Oh...and to clarify...Any dogs in my home that have had ticks have been foster dogs who have come in from elsewhere, except one. One foster dog had several on her, and she was living in a swampy wooded area about 1mile from my house. I rarely use flea and tick stuff on my furkids.