Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY TICKS..

Old 11-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NY TICKS..

My buddy shot a 6 point up here in St. Lawrence on opening weekend. It was literally covered with dog ticks. Ugh! We didn't even bother to save the hide.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:14 AM

Lyme disease will mess you up, but if you get a deer tick on you and catch it soon enough they can do some things to treat you. My dad got a deer tick on him while fishing a couple summers back...and they were able to treat it by giving him some pill that he took. He said he felt terrible for a couple of days while the antibiotics were doing their work...but he is fine now. The best thing to do is to check yourself thoroughly after being in the woods.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:36 AM

My doctor told me that if you get the tick out within 24 hours the lyme disease (if that tick has lyme) can't infect you. I hope he's telling the truth!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you sure you guys aren't talking about deer keds?

Old 11-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is a deer tick:

Old 11-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

past 2 times in the woods i picked off over 30 deer ticks! ti say the least, i ain't going hunting back in there no more.

P.S.- this is in central PA
Old 11-07-2007, 09:15 AM

ORIGINAL: livbucks

This is a deer tick:

im not stupid dude. i know the diffrence in deer,wood, and dog ticks. but thanks for the input. and yes if u pull a tick off with 24hours uc nat be harmed it takes a tick 24minimum to reach ur blood.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:23 PM

I trained my German shorthair out in fields on Long Island and got Lyme's. It was really nasty too. Thank God we caught it early. Went paintballing with my son and his friends this past summer out there. After 5 hours we managed to pick up 52 deer ticks between us. Tiny little buggers too. Wont do that again any time soon.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Long Island has got to be the worst place on the planet for ticks. I think every blade of grass must have several ticks on it since one gets bombarded by them on even a short walk through any sort of vegetation!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

Geez aren't they ugly little things. I live near Watertown, NY and my parents regularly take our dog for walks.The dogcame down with Lyme Disease about a year or two ago when we had the really mild summer. He acts fine and when he first came down with it he was walking weird like his joints hurt. He regularly gets ticks on him, but I think my parents need to cool down with the whole walking deal or else keep him out of the bushes. Our Vet said they are getting ticks in the Adirondacks (which he said was not normal).

I noticed the deer I shot in Ontario County this yearhad some ticks on it when I was doing my business, but nothing too bad.

Quick Reply: NY TICKS..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.